Tornado LRMTS in 1/72

steeli

Building the Revell GR1 in Op Granby scheme, however hit a wee snag with the LRMTS pod. The clear plastic part appears to just a vague triangle shape and doesn't even conform to the fuselage, or the rest of the pod.

Is there an AM replacement or another (cheap) kit that does this better? Tried googling but only thing showing is an ended ebay auction.

Could always try and score a cheap Airfix kit on said auction site!

How's the rest of your clear parts in the Revell kit? I've a couple in the stash that have pretty poor quality clear sprue's where a lot of the parts are almost unidentifiable. It looks like the clear sprue's mould is showing signs of wear, with most of the parts having a lot of flash.

As far as I'm aware there's no aftermarket LRMTS, as most Tornado kits include this as a 'basic'.

Hope you get something sorted.

Rgds,

Eng

Rest of the clear parts are shoddy too. Loads of flash on all the parts, wing lights are a mess.

Will have a look for an airfix kit. Might still end up building the airfix kit in an alternative scheme.

I've another revell in the stash, will have to check the clear parts on that one.

• 3 weeks later...

Bah humbug. Scored a too old airfix GR1 that has no LRMTS in it. Now er indoors has gone and "disappeared" the Revell one I was working on.

Good news is the TSCs are there for an 8*1000lb version of my other revell kit :)