Seafire interiour colours

mosschopps

With a Special Hobby Seafire XV, Airfix XVII & FR47, I too would appreciate guidance here. AFAIK the XV would have been interior green as it was basically a WW2 design & I have seen the other two with interior green lower cockpit interiors but black upper interiors. Hopefully someone will have a definitive answer.

I believe that Seafires up to the MkXV had Interior green cockpits , the Mk XVII's had the black upper part of the cockpit and green lower part and the F46/46 /47 had an all black cockpit . But having said this I could be wrong.

Andrew

• Like 2

I believe that Seafires up to the MkXV had Interior green cockpits , the Mk XVII's had the black upper part of the cockpit and green lower part and the F46/46 /47 had an all black cockpit . But having said this I could be wrong.

Andrew

Pretty much bang on the money there Mr Jones.

Edited by Miggers

The 17 went to 50/50 because of reflections on the upperworks caused by the unobstructed sun coming through the bubble canopy at all angles.
At some stage the Spitfire 21 fuselage was built to match RN requirements, which is why some 21s had green cockpits, and some black.

Pretty much bang on the money there Mr Jones.

:ditto: