Junkers Ju 86 Z7, SAAF, Revell (conv.)

JWM

Hi,

A second Ju-86 of my shelf. Together with high altitude recce version (Ju 86 R1, which I posted recently) I did also much smaller conversion of civil Z-2 into Z-7 converted then into bomber in South Africa. Depicted "647" was one of such machines. She served in 12 Sq of SAAF, Ethiopia 1941 acting against Italians, I guess. There are discrepencies in sources on top wing roundls ("A1" or "B" - I have chosen A1 roundels, since on some poor quality photos those marks has some bright fragments which can be interpreted as sight of white form A1 mark. Now there is a conversion by Kora, but I did it in 2002, and those days I did not know if there was any ready conversion, so it own work. The nose symbol is hand painting on decal, other decals are from a drawer. Brush painting.

Please enjoy and comments are welcome

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

ju 86 z DSC02536

ju 86 z DSC02537ju 86 z DSC02535ju 86 z DSC02538ju 86 z DSC02582

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 39
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant,....a man after my own heart,.....I have one of these planned too,....I hope that it turns out as nice as yours has,

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 2

Hi Jerzy:

Just a special machine for a special collection, a very special model to see. I have read about this a long time ago. Great build and maybe I'll take one to do a different machine for my collection too.

Thank you very much for sharing!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Dear All,

I appreciete very much so massive and positive response! Frankly speaking I am surprised, that Revell or Italaeri is not realeasing this markings (with a few additional parts) as regular kit - it will find customers, for sure

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
  • Like 2

Very nice finish here.

I believe these had all been South African Airways planes that were taken over by the SAAF at the beginning of the war - would love to find a 1/144 version.

Nicely done.

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

Thank you Karl and Jason,

Graham:

RS models do a Ju86R.

Yes, unfortunately I did many years ago alredy '86R as scratch conversion: :)

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234969527-junkers-ju-86-r1-scratch-conversion-from-italeri-ju86d/

Now certainly I would rather buy RS kit...

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Great Ju 86, very well build and painted. Do you plan to build the high altitude versions from this aircraft too

Thank you, Bernd. Actually I did JU 86 R - I post in RFI forum, the link is in previous my post in this topic, just two posts above this one :)

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

Thank you, Bernd. Actually I did JU 86 R - I post in RFI forum, the link is in previous my post in this topic, just two posts above this one :)

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

I will have a look, great lovely models :-)

• Like 1

Has only just now seen this. Very nicely done model you did there Jerzy-Wojtek. Very good finish that

adds to this being a real eye-catcher of a not very often seen subject......congratulations!

Etienne.

• Like 1

Thank you Etienne for som much positive comment :) And many thanks to for "likes" from a lot of people, what this model gathered

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

• 1 year later...