Renault Estafette 800 kg high roof

Finished at last, the Renault Estafette 800 kg high roof in 1/24 scale. This one is built using a quite rough resin body and chassis and two photo etched parts from Airtrax as the base. The body had more or lesser rework done to every area and detail and the high roof was 3D-printed from my own model. All parts are either scratched or made using modified base parts from a Quattroroute Dauphine, Heller 4CV, Tamiya A110 and Tamiya 2CV. All decals are from my own artwork and printing. It's built as it could have looked when used by the local Renault garage back in the early 60's. There is a build thread here. I hope you enjoy her.

E200.jpg

E201.jpg

E202.jpg

E203.jpg

E204.jpg

E205.jpg

E206.jpg

• Like 9

Outstanding work. Wonderful to see completed and now in RFI. For anyone who didn't follow along, check out the build thread and see how Jorgen built this masterpiece; suffice to say it was no walk in the park.

• Like 1

An absolutely fantastic model of a superb looking van Jörgen, another brilliant result! And I now agree about the grey behind the grille - you were right!

As mentioned above, Jörgen did a superb build thread on the van & it's a very entertaining & informative read - well worth checking out!

Thanks for taking the time to post Jörgen, I really enjoyed both of your van builds!

Keith

• Like 2

It is always a joy to look at your work. Thanks for treating us to it. I missed the build thread on this so I am now looking forward to having a browse through that. I also like your eclectic choice of subjects, keep up the good work.

Nigel

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love it, there really is nothing at all about that model that is less than superb. Those tyres look exactly the way I would expect a garage van's tyres to look and the weathering is brilliantly subtle. I have to say it again, I love it.

• Like 1

Brilliant,!!

Looking at your work takes me on a time warp, any chance of building a bright red early 60s Ford Thames van like my Dad had ?

• Like 1