Italeri 1/72 CH-47J Chinook JASDF

CH-47JJASDF005_zpsd3580138.jpgHi all,

This is my first post of a completed model on Britmodeller so please be gentle with me! It is also my first time using photobucket so I apologise in advance if you get lots of copies of the same picture.

This is Italeri's CH-47 built and painted as a CH-47J of the JASDF. I think the camouflage makes it look completely different, which is what attracted me to it in the first place.

I hope you all like the end result.

CH-47JJASDF017_zps9b6f8694.jpg

CH-47JJASDF010_zpsa0ba1ab5.jpg

CH-47JJASDF006_zps0e14150e.jpg

CH-47JJASDF002_zpsacbd6ad9.jpg

• Like 12

I second that

It's so nice I'd love to meet it in the flesh

In a strictly non invasive admirational sense of course ;)

Seriously you have made a wonderful job of this Wokka

I will be searching it out in a couple of weeks.

Hi Friend:

The subject selection and colours scheme you chose are great. I liked the way you have finished this nice helo, very clean build and well done build. What about a CH46 or a OH6 for a companion to this one??

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Thanks for all of your very kind words guys.

Trojan Thunder, the decals all came from the spares box apart from the Air Rescue Wing markings which were kindly supplied by one of my friends (thanks Andy). I used a very fine pen to apply the JASDF script above the doors.

Louis Alfonso you have read my mind. I built an OH-6 a couple of years ago in JMSDF markings but it recently got damaged, if I can fix it I will post some pictures for you. I have a friend who is in Japan at the moment and he should be bringing me a couple of CH-46/KV-107 kits. I also have a 1/48 AH-1S which will be in JGSDF markings, and very different ones at that!

Thanks again.

• Like 1