Red Arrows Hawk T.MK 1A

My First Attempt at a modern fighter/trainer: Red Arrows Hawk

This is my red arrows hawk it is an old airfix kit that my boyfriend had laying around with new decals. The kit was a good kit it went together well and the only problem I had was decalling this is the part i find the hardest in modelling and i still needed help with these in particular the underneath ones and the royal air force cheat line along the sides.

The red that was stated in the instructions was not the right match i brush painted revell 34 which seems to be the closest match to the real thing and a gloss coat was put on to finish.

Any tips are welcome. :police:

DSCN5556_zps3b29d8f0.jpg

DSCN5555_zpsb10fb77e.jpg

DSCN5552_zps9a057610.jpg

DSCN5547_zpsaf6d63e5.jpg

DSCN5627_zps6b86fb56.jpg

DSCN5628_zpsc2a8d995.jpg

• Like 9

Hi Amie:

You did a great job with this one, you have the conpcept to be a great modeler but have to take care with some little tricks you can use in your next build, as thinner hands of paint and some care to apply decals. Also, the use of finer brushes and masking solutions and tape for a little finnesse in some parts. Also, you can ask anyone here for tips and techniques and look for a tutorial in the web or here to improve your skills.

BUT REALLY, i think YOU have the concept to be with little care and patience, and obviously practice a GREAT ARTIST in modeling.

Hope your boyfriend will give you another pair of kits you like a lot with which you can do little masterpieces!!!

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso