On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of EVIL!"- '' (Quote Lord Vigo from Ghostbusters 2 )

That is one of the inspiration's for creating this Dio along with the early 90s computer game Quake, an a recent watch of one of my favorite films Robin Hood Prince of Thieves on tv recently which to my surprise was totally different and featured a many long and cool scenes some totally different to the original PG edit, Many of an adult nature,

One scene was of Satanic Worship or Dark occult worship of the ruling men around a table humming a deep evil resonant hypnotic passage hand to hand with a map of England on the table with a pentagram over it and a cloth on top.

This inspired and fascinated me as has old gothic buildings the medieval era and secret societies.

I have been asked to make some models for Precision Ice and Snow for Telford so I have decided to just use my imagination and do some modelling of a different kind that is totally fictitious,

13F85D27-9CEE-4ED2-81A7-DD4AD0358A28-238

CA800D3E-9502-47FE-9914-231E1F4ED58A-238

The Idea is to create some place of Evil ritual, Possibly one abandoned,, For now at least.. On a distant world of coldness, Barron and empty with symbols such as the all seeing eye, pentagrams and alters made from skulls, with a vortex gate suspended in a frame to link to another place, This is the kind of place that will not only make you feel cold in temperature, but cold with fear from the symbols and sense of powerful magic, a place were the threat is quiet but applied effectively with a defined confidence that will make you want to run...

Or just an interesting building that's going to be fun to make..

I was not sure were to post this but this is the closest outlet for this I could see.

Cheers Rob ;)

Edited by robvulcan
  • Like 6

So what do you get for £20 quid... Well A LOT.. a lot of very cool heavy well molded plastic, There are some sprue parts to cut off but largely its ready to use and can be clipped together in a great variety of ways.

There are some more sets with other parts, Huge epic places could be created with loads of room for high detail if you really took your time.

I must say I am totally into this as I used to spend my time doing lots of very weird fantasy drawings as a kid and this could give me chance to build something I dreamed of once which is a recurring dream of a very huge place of great mystery, I could right it all down but I may bore you. Or you may approach me with a straight Jacket.. As the dream is so real I am sure its a place somewhere...

For this one I am going to have to be rather Quick if its for Telford. So far I am very impressed and this must be one of the coolest building kits ever.. I just can't wait for the bag of 50 odd skulls to arrive.. It will go nicely with the supplied gargoyles bats and knights.

8CEE8016-E227-460D-A7CA-A9E4CDCBF013-238

FE855D74-2825-4A9F-8350-B145709DFA70-238

98C02993-AACE-4700-90D5-687252EAC5B7-238

A55CCE08-CE47-4D2F-B12D-91126AAE3AE3-238

I found the fit great so far but I had to refit 2 of these so far, Needing to trim the connection pegs and slightly bend the part to close the gaps, Hence the stress mark. But so far this is fab.

D1E81EDE-CB93-4113-BB5E-971D4CB00455-238

Its great how you can clip these in a variety of ways lego style to choose how you want to build this, Multiple floors, Long halls, All possible, The flooring, roofing, and windows are left for you to improvise yourself and I am happy about that, I am tempted by a roofless church anyway. Possibly decorated with human skulls mounted on the walls.

12006E6D-C610-49EF-AFCA-2D7E0877CDC5-238

E07C0273-B73E-493A-9859-62CAF133DF7E-238

I bought some dolls eyes to make a couple of All seeing eyes, or eyes of providence,

FDF19D2B-A690-4C18-9506-CFA322F09237-238

C5657CCE-4D4D-4D5A-A797-06F37483DE4A-238

So I wonder if I will make it to Telford with this then

Cheers Rob ;)

• Like 1

Well Its getting there now and its quite a large building I must say, MUCH bigger than what I had envisaged. Its great however as its going be really fun photographing this, I can almost see the weird Purple Skys of another world looming overhead like a nightmare...

DED7D158-58FD-4D81-A424-490E779A9B65-263

40213513-45F3-4DAC-9E1B-95FD60F869C2-263

I am thinking of the flooring and some black and white chequered tiles printed off on paper should look pretty cool and suitably scary...

Cheers Rob ;)

• Like 1

I have started working on the Doors, It seemed a good place to work on as these need painting before installation into the wall section. I am not sure what to do with them yet, I was thinking of a colour but decided that was not the way to go, So I have painted them Revell Tar black and I am thinking of highlighting the frames and ornate stars with a dark silver and a dry brush and wash, I don't want them to look inviting,

Its odd how churches are seen as welcoming, I love them they fascinate me but I have always seen them as very dominating threatening structures. It amazes me how they were built. Not jut churches just huge buildings of this style such as Whitley Court Et al.

56797FC0-D004-4505-A795-2C1620D1BFCF-306

Cheers Rob ;)

• Like 1

Well, this is new!! It is, of course, a little different from your usual posted output, will certainly be watching to see where it goes. Will we see the effigy of a tin triangle at the altar waiting for the next victim?

Yes it is indeed, Not a Vulcan in sight. The closest you will get is an All seeing eye, Which is also triangular,. You have given me idea though .... Perhaps a gothic Vulcan painted black but as a living breathing dragon, In the shape of a Vulcan with feathers, Radome opened as a beak/mouth, And bird legs in place of wheels.. That would be going a bit far but pretty cool.

Cheers Rob ;)

Now the doors have dried I have started by dry brushing some Citadel Boltgun metal, Then, Dry brushed with Americana Deco art metallic white and metallic purple, Then highlighted the stars, handle, fittings and bolts with mithril silver, And finally give them a heavy wash with Citadel Nuln oil.

D96E9828-A0DE-42AA-B5DB-F2F1ECDCEA9A-153

0ACB797C-4A53-463D-B289-20B6EC55F1D3-153

3F716409-2C87-4495-802E-0DC3059331A9-153

DB38EF3E-DB38-477D-8324-BA8633AC30EC-153

Cheers Rob ;)

• Like 3

Looking good so far, the only way to make those doors look more imposing would be to stick a tax demand on them. Keep up the good work!

Cheers , HAHA, or perhaps a soul donation box in case anyone wants to sell themselves to the guy with the horns. LOL.

Rob :devil:

And the second doors are done, Now I just need to do the other sides to..

F8AE1937-ACAF-4ECC-A6B2-3E2ED4F7C10A-153

Rob ;)

• Like 1

This is a cool idea, just in time for Halloween! I've been building a Garden of Morr (GW Gothic Graveyard) to put my ghosts in - the Pegasus model looks like it'd make a nice church.

Some references you should check out:

* The scene at the end of Hellboy when a portal is opened to somewhere else and things attempt to come through.

* The first of the Bob Howard Laundry novels - I think it's called "The Atrocity Archive". It has a Kettenkrad in it :)

Cheers,

Will

• Like 4

Cheers guys and I will check out Hellboy for some inspiration.

It would be cool to see the grave yard, I was tempted by one for this but I wanted it to be more unusual, Not a church of congregation of the public but a meeting place for those of a secret order, I may well have a few skulls littered around though if they arrive in time.

I have bought an extension set for this as I feel I needed some more pieces, I am currently looking for some unusual items I can use to make some weird items. Just found a nice big purple button that looks a little evil.

Cheers Rob ;)

What a great project and certainly something a bit different (with a title like that I could not resist having a look at what it was about). I can't think of a better way of demonstrating the properties of Precision Ice and Snow, it should look amazing. I do hope you get it ready for Telford as it would be great to see it (and you) there. You are spot on with the purple sky idea as well.

Cheers,

Nigel

• Like 1

What a great project and certainly something a bit different (with a title like that I could not resist having a look at what it was about). I can't think of a better way of demonstrating the properties of Precision Ice and Snow, it should look amazing. I do hope you get it ready for Telford as it would be great to see it (and you) there. You are spot on with the purple sky idea as well.

Cheers,

Nigel

Cheers Nigel be great to see you again too. I thought a church and snow go together nicely, Especially the cool little gargoyles to stick on this think should look nice.

The purple sky and this are going to be heavily inspired by my favourite game from my childhood Quake 1, The purple sky will have to be for photos only as I am not sure how I can model an atmosphere for Telford.. That would be a big ask.. LOL.

Some Quake, Shame hes not got the awsome soundtrack on which added so much to it. Pretty amazing this was 1996..

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

Used to play quite a lot of multiplayer Quake during lunch in my first job. Happy days!

Indeed happy days playing this Doom, Doom2, Heretic and Hexen. I am not a big gamer but I do love these and Medal of Honor Allied assault. They were fun.

I don't know if its possible but It would be cool to set up a Brimodeller only Quake Deathmatch on line. Could be become a regular weekly fixture.

Well my other parts come I got this set as I needed to expand this project a little.

8668DBD4-4796-4E42-9453-859F35A3717C_zps

1470D2FF-0D6E-4056-99ED-0C3FEC016FC7_zps

I have been chucking all the assemblies together as fast as I can and then I will have a "play" arranging the parts in a certain way that i like as you can adjust them however you like (well you have options at least)

I think i will then make up some assemblies that will give me some big chunks to work on and paint them in sub assemblies, Then fit them together and tidy up. As if I do it in one it will be hard to paint.

E7DFA183-B2DE-45CB-93AA-D97BCCC08BFD_zps

Its going to be a simple affair due to time but that will help with the baron empty look.

There are plenty of parts left I doubt I will use everything.

37F157AA-DCF1-4A04-A05B-59C9F98E7C1D_zps

Cheers Rob ;)

• Like 1

I have decided to start with painting the door frame walls as these are the most fiddly parts to do. I painted them with with Humbrol Tank Grey from an aerosol, Then dry brushed them with Humbrol Steel Grey.

This is not as simple a build as it first seems, The painting and assembly being the awkward part but It is indeed fun.

3B27A0AE-9A43-4D0A-816E-3CEE269DE082_zps

705B9E67-FA64-4B88-922C-9F46FD4B36AA_zps

I am having to build this in sections and I have tried a few variations, But decided on a long hall as this will make for nice photos looking down the long corridor with the tower looming over head. Also it stops it being too wide open as I don't have lots of details to put in, I want to leave it roofless to make it look abandoned like a place left or unfinished. Also to make it look un-welcoming. and not coney.

A83CB8D1-C601-4880-B3E7-5C2A09CACF4F_zps

F3FE1866-02BB-44B1-B8CF-ABF4D4175900_zps

Excuse all the bits of plastic carvings on the floor.. I have been busy. But this is the layout I have decided upon.

525C295D-D297-4A1D-8598-86F8BCD16714_zps

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

Gonna look super!

Looks like it'd make a great base for wargaming, if you added some levels and layers to it, have a graveyard outside.

Cheers guys and funnily enough it is for wargaming, You should see the size some others have built these too. Its got epic potential. But would equally be at home on a model railway or maybe a bombed out war scene. They do ruined parts too.

I have glued the main parts together and now they are setting The insides are painted but may later go back with a citadel wash. This thing is BIG and taking a lot more glue and paint than a normal plane kit.

I made up some images and printed them off for the floor, Inspired by masonic flooring.

3B453521-A183-4B59-A87A-D9076DF88D19_zps

492FB0F3-DC35-473C-A538-6068CD267E2E_zps

6A3F1784-7CF6-4E9F-A067-B38E30B9132D_zps

20806382-E41B-4F1B-A308-CA1A0371DCB2_zps

C39D59A1-6C6B-42EA-80A0-0BCD95FC125E_zps

Cheers Rob ;)

• Like 6