Airliner III Group Build Chat

feoffee2

I have to say guys, I'm not an airliner builder or an airliner fan (although I did enter the GB II with this http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234926086-148-revell-junkers-523m-finished/) but the array of schemes and types in this GB is really impressive.

Although not part of it, I shall be watching all of the builds.

• Like 1

I'm contemplating joining in the fun with an A340-500 conversion using the Revell kit with Braz's conversion.

Only problem is I've a pending house move so time at the bench will be very limited... we'll see how things go.

• Like 1

I'm contemplating joining in the fun with an A340-500 conversion using the Revell kit with Braz's conversion.

Only problem is I've a pending house move so time at the bench will be very limited... we'll see how things go.

I to am thinking of doing one of these to.

Thanks

Ray, your "one day..." thing really applies to that stash quite well...

In fact it applies to my avatar. I have been trying to finish a 1/72 C-17 kit for the past 8 years :D

But you are right, it works for the stash as well (and that's about 1/4 of it in that picture)

• Like 1

In fact it applies to my avatar. I have been trying to finish a 1/72 C-17 kit for the past 8 years :D

But you are right, it works for the stash as well (and that's about 1/4 of it in that picture)

Yes, I think I've seen your C-17 thread. If it was yours, I don't remember...well, I've seen *a* C-17 thread which *might* have been yours. And regarding the stash, if you ever feel the need to free up space through selling, I'm always here! ;):Tasty:

Seriously though, that stash is amazing, I envy you (in a good way)

Hi

Just wanted to say, it looks as if there will be a good turnout and there is some great ideas coming through. Very interested to see how they come together. The GB starts tomorrow and this has been 2 years work to get it to this point so enjoy it guys and girls.

Thanks

Edited by feoffee2
  • Like 2

Also thinking of joining, the Yak-6 I'm building for "The Great Patriotic War Group Build" is very nearly done... it'll be a first to actually finish a model.. and I have a few airliners in the loft, hidden away.

Will go have a gander and see if anything takes my fancy.

• Like 1

I'm building a Boeing 717 - can I join in?

What kit are you using? If I get my Britannia finished in time I might follow it up with a 717 from the PAS kit which looks good in the box apart from some rather heavy panel lines.

I had originally intended to build an Airframe De Havilland DH34, see #38 of this thread, however a change of plan, so wondered if the following would be an acceptable alternative ?

image_zpsklizeiry.jpeg

I fancied doing something a bit older than normal to balance out all these noisy jets !

Cheers Pat

• Like 4

Hi Pat, I see this type was used as an airliner by a number of European airlines. So it is OK by me.

Are you using the kit decals? I see that the marking are for a couple of Junkers Demonstrator aircraft.

Hi TT

Yes I was going to use the kit decals, unless there are other options available ?

I believe it was used by a lot of people in a lot of different places, so hopefully there are a lot of potential choices available.

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Hi TT

Yes I was going to use the kit decals, unless there are other options available ?

I believe it was used by a lot of people in a lot of different places, so hopefully there are a lot of potential choices available.

Cheers Pat

I really like this kit Pat. I have used a set of decals from Arctic Decals, I can recommend them as very nice:

http://www.arcticdecals.com/products.html?id=21443/243894

They have a few sets just for the float plane version :).

The interior cabin is very nice on this model right out of the box, really looking forward to seeing you build it :thumbsup2:

Best regards

Tony

• Like 2