Airliner III Group Build Chat

feoffee2

Oops! Looks like I've fallen foul of the Rules even before I've started!

I was going to attempt a "Paper Plane" in a "What if" scheme but Rule 1 is 'in Commercial service".

I'll have to go back to the shipping cartons and unpack something else!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

May I join the GB with a build of the Minicraft 1/144 Pan Am Pacific Clipper NC18609? I would like to depict it at Trincomalee, on "the long way home" from Auckland to New York after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.

I started the kit some time ago, but I'm sure it's less than 25 percent done -- fuselage and wings roughly assembled, but no filling or painting done, and no details added.

I don't have pictures at the moment, but trust me, it's not very far along.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I've been overseas for the past few weeks and finally been able to find a phone signal. I'll be returning tomorrow and will be able to get stuck into my builds. From a brief look at the group build so far, there's so many builds I want to follow there may not be enough hours in a day to do both.

Until later,

Jeff

• Like 1

Don't think we could class that as an airliner

Thanks

Why would the Hindenburg, which completed so many successful passenger flights across the Atlantic, not be considered an airliner?

What else could it be considered?

Just wondering...

Greg in OK

Why would the Hindenburg, which completed so many successful passenger flights across the Atlantic, not be considered an airliner?

What else could it be considered?

Just wondering...

Greg in OK

We had a discussion and decided that it couldn't be allowed.I would class it as an airship and probably not an airliner.

Thanks

Edited by feoffee2

It's interesting, but Wikipedia gives DELAG as the world's first airline, they flew airships. Just out of interest ;)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airlines_by_foundation_date

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

I have come up with two Lockheed types I may well add to the GB. Decision yet to be confirmed but I have lined up a Revell Connie to 1/144 and Nordair decals. And a 1/72nd Special Hobby Lockheed Lodestar and Draw Decals for a Mid Continent shiny silver machine!

Pics to come. But I won't start until after I get back of my hols in mid September.

• Like 3

My next choices time permitting. One or the other may well get completed within the time frame.

IMG_0634_zpsnydgbumn.jpg

IMG_0635_zpssoeo4myn.jpg

IMG_0636_zpsy4wg0kgc.jpg

I'll start one soon but which I'll have to see. Need to get the Avro C-102 done first

• Like 4

Hmmm....now there's an idea.....join this.

When does it end?

Scratch that - Nov 13.....might well give it a go.

Edited by Kev1n
  • Like 1

My next choices time permitting. One or the other may well get completed within the time frame.

IMG_0634_zpsnydgbumn.jpg

IMG_0635_zpssoeo4myn.jpg

IMG_0636_zpsy4wg0kgc.jpg

I'll start one soon but which I'll have to see. Need to get the Avro C-102 done first

I hope that you can find time to do the Lodestar Paul, but either option would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to join too please.....
Newish member and not posted anything at all yet!
I'll need to read the GB rules, but does '25% started' include opening the box, holding two fuselage halves together and making engine noises? :banghead:

• Like 1

I'll need to read the GB rules, but does '25% started' include opening the box, holding two fuselage halves together and making engine noises? :banghead:

Close but so long as you didn't do any take-offs, landings, or banks or turns you should be under 25%.

• Like 1