Junkers Ju 86 R1, scratch conversion from Italeri Ju86D

JWM

Hi,

Next piece from my shelf. I made it in 2002. This is Ju 86 R1, machine 4U+PK, belonging to 2 Staffel, Aufklarung Gruppe 123, based in Castelli, Crete, 1942.

This is scratch conversion from Italeri Ju 86 (in particular it was Ju-86 D kit, but it does not matter if it was not Ju 86Z or other, since all engines as well as outer parts of wings and cabin are home made). In this time there was a Czech conversion set (resin) to Ju 86 P (as far as I remeber) or even longest wing-span R, but it was pretty expencive, so I quit with it and decided to do out of scratch. For more fun :) Now there is a nice injection kti of this machine by RS (?)...

Two last photos I made in 2002 and other are from today. In recent ones some yellowish shadow appeared on canopies - they were painted (after polishing) with Humbrol gloss varnish ,12 years ago. Old pictures do not show this problem... However now I am using water diluted acryl gloss varnish (Pactra) to finish canopies. We will see, how they will stand with years. Model was brush painted with Humbrol. I hope you wil enjoy it...

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Here she is:

ju 86r2 DSC02506ju 86 r2 DSC02519ju 86 r2 DSC02508
ju 86 r2 DSC02507ju86 r2 DSC02509

ju 86 r2ju86 r2 view

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 9

Gosh Jerzy,

Thats what I call a conversion,.....good job,...even though it is a high altitude target! Send up the specially lightened and polished Spitfire`s!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Thank you Tony, Joachim, Russ and Darby for warm words in comments. Apprecieted :)

Spitfire? I have seven of them done, including one HF. and still willing to do anothor one - One day I will post them...:)

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

• 2 weeks later...