1/72 - MiG-29SMT (9.19) "Fulcrum-E" by Trumpeter - released

Homebee

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Ummmmm interesting. I recently saw some boxart purporting to be a new tool series of MiG 29 kits by Trumpeter including the 9-19 'SMT'.....But in 1/32!

So is it a 1/48 range of new tool 29's they are releasing, 1/32 (or) BOTH scales? Is anyone able to cast some clarity on this?

Personally, I would love it to be in 1/32 but given Trumpeter already have 1/32 kits of MiG 29s as 'K' and 'M' version - albeit I accept these are quite obscure and non standard versions - it seems unusual they would tool up another (all new) series of MiG 29s in the same 1/32 scale. Unlikely but not impossible I suppose.

Any confirmation or update would be appreciated.

Gary

The link to the Trumpeter page shows it is 1/72:

MIG-29SMT Fulcrum (Izdeliye 9.19)

Item No.: 01676 Scale: 1:72

The formatting on the page makes it easy to for one to confuse the text with the wrong photo. The item #06801 is actually a 1/48 German U-boat.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Decal can be a better - no Algerian markings, no modern MiG-29SMT camouflage (splinter type use only for ex-Algerian aircrafts). Anyway all this will include in future Zvezda's MiG-29SMT model.

kotey, on 02 Jul 2016 - 8:41 PM, said:

Decal can be a better - no Algerian markings, no modern MiG-29SMT camouflage (splinter type use only for ex-Algerian aircrafts). Anyway all this will include in future Zvezda's MiG-29SMT model.

Are you sure of that? That would be a good news, I won't have to buy this one instead of the zvezda one in this case!

Yes, i'm shure - we *(Begemot decals) will design and print this (MiG-29SMT 9.19) decal in future, as we already did for MIG-29 9.13, as now we do for Su-33.

Edited by kotey
  • Like 3

Yes, i'm shure - we *(Begemot decals) will design and print this (MiG-29SMT 9.19) decal in future, as we already did for MIG-29 9.13, as now we do for Su-33.

That is good news, Kotey - I prefer the basic Zevzda MiG-29 mold over the Trumpeter.

However, the Trumpeter kit has the clear advantage of being actually available at the moment - do we even have an indication when Zvezda will release this variant?

I'm still waiting on a followup Su-27 relases... and a Mi-24D...

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Ryan Hothersall said:

What about Algerian and Indian markings?.

They don't really interest me as much.  Begemot will release the Algerian markings, among others.  One strange thing about the SMT is that there are three rather different aircraft with the name; product 9.17, 9.18, and 9.19.  The one on the cover of the Famous Russian Aircraft - Muikoyan MiG-29 caught my attention and is a MiG-29SMT but the product with the 9.12 upper fuselage:

Cover+-+Mikoyan+MiG-29.jpg

You can barely make out the Cyrillic stylizes MiG and the SMT on the out side of the starboard vertical fin.

Regards,

I almost forgot.  Trumpeter's kit replaces the upper fuselage (I'm comparing it to their 9.12 release), a sprue tree with vertical fins, IFR probe (can be built extended or stowed), instrument panel, and avionics cooling intake, a new canopy, and a new weapon sprue tree Q2 (R-77 and Kh-31).  Of course, a new and uninspired decal sheet as well. 

Problem is, the instructions tell you to build two Kh-31 missiles and then you realize there is only one sprue tree.  The parts map indicate only one sprue tree however, said sprue tree only allows the build of one missile.  :(

ES_P09PF8hAAcaFHhFnElbNijoPegQsYC1acK5z3

h2zXUQD8G3E0qZpPZ5icLlk9ZOFf6VN46hbDdTCS

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth
Add images.

17 hours ago, sharkmouth said:

The one on the cover of the Famous Russian Aircraft - Muikoyan MiG-29 caught my attention and is a MiG-29SMT but the product with the 9.12 upper fuselage:

Cover+-+Mikoyan+MiG-29.jpg

You can barely make out the Cyrillic stylizes MiG and the SMT on the out side of the starboard vertical fin.

Regards,

May21_21.jpg

Decal from Condor kit:

Condor_9_18_00.jpg

• Like 1