1/72 - Sukhoi Su-24M/MR "Fencer-D/-E" by Trumpeter - Su-24MR & Su-24M released - Su-24MR nose set by Rescue Models

Homebee

From chinese sources, Trumpeter is preparing a 1/72 Sukhoi Su-24M/MR "Fencer-D/-E" kit - ref.01672

Sources:

http://tw.weibo.com/supertomcat21/3751515812535600

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=279455

78f2bd8bjw1ek1sqt404dj20vr0iigp8.jpg

78f2bd8bjw1ek1squb3t4j20qm0jeadm.jpg

78f2bd8bjw1ek1sqvgcbaj20vz0j10vr.jpg

78f2bd8bjw1ek1sqwj85cj20os0jb76a.jpg

78f2bd8bgw1elnga83zwyj20qo0k0789.jpg

Source: http://tw.weibo.com/supertomcat21/3748226886916265

78f2bd8bjw1ejrb005qn8j20ql0jcgna.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Interesting. From some of the parts breakdown it looks like the Streem kit might have served as a basis.

I'd be particularly interested in seeing the main fuselage parts and main gear well parts.

So do I

Madcop

I'm building the Streem kit at the moment and looking at these images it doesn't seem to be based on that to be honest. I hope they haven't just down scaled their 1/48th kit with all its shape issues. The forward fuselage looks to lack the subtle curves of the Streem and the surface detail no where near as detailed. Whilst wildly over complex the Streem kit is beautifully realised, the only error being the gap between the exhausts being a tad too wide, (much like Trumpys 1/48th offering).

Looking at these images it seems a bit odd that whilst separate flaps are included the leading edge slats aren't....so it'll look a bit strange unless you intend to cut them out. The wing pivot fairings seem very pronounced too.

I'm not bashing this kit at all as these are only initial images and until I get the plastic in my grubby mitts won't be able to tell for sure how accurate it is. It's great to see another 1/72nd model of this important aircraft released it's just that building Streems little beauty has spoiled me a bit and it's hard not to make initial comparisons....it'll certainly be an improvement on the old Dragon/Zvezda/Revell effort and of course more importantly this one should be more easily available than the hens teeth Streem ! I've got a lovely set of Authentic Decals MR markings ready for it in the stash...

• Like 1

I'm building the Streem kit at the moment and looking at these images it doesn't seem to be based on that to be honest. I hope they haven't just down scaled their 1/48th kit with all its shape issues. The forward fuselage looks to lack the subtle curves of the Streem and the surface detail no where near as detailed. Whilst wildly over complex the Streem kit is beautifully realised, the only error being the gap between the exhausts being a tad too wide, (much like Trumpys 1/48th offering).

Looking at these images it seems a bit odd that whilst separate flaps are included the leading edge slats aren't....so it'll look a bit strange unless you intend to cut them out. The wing pivot fairings seem very pronounced too.

I'm not bashing this kit at all as these are only initial images and until I get the plastic in my grubby mitts won't be able to tell for sure how accurate it is. It's great to see another 1/72nd model of this important aircraft released it's just that building Streems little beauty has spoiled me a bit and it's hard not to make initial comparisons....it'll certainly be an improvement on the old Dragon/Zvezda/Revell effort and of course more importantly this one should be more easily available than the hens teeth Streem ! I've got a lovely set of Authentic Decals MR markings ready for it in the stash...

It might not be to the same level of details as the now defunct Stream kit but its certainly a lot better looking than the Dragon kit.

I have a feeling the wings and flaps are slot connected giving you the option to do them open or closed, dropped or raised.

• Like 1

I hope so Geoff, there does appear to be a hint of that on one of the runner shots, seems that the MiG-29's the same. It would make more sense to have the option, (as with their TU-160 and TU-22's) as they were quite often parked up with the wings swept but if the flaps were down so were the slats. Looking closely at the images I'm still more than happy that you sold me the Streem !

Be interesting to see what weapons if any they offer....

Edited by general melchett

Hi Robert, not this time, I didn't take any wip photos at the beginning of the build last summer but I guess I could do one from the current stage.. Trouble is every time I start one it gets interrupted with something that has a deadline attached ! I'll see what can be done...

Cheers,

Melchie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...