GB Chat

AnonymousDFB1

Perfect timing with this group build.

Just about to be released from hospital with a lengthy recuperation period back to work.

Maybe I can get some of my builds squared away.

I presume we can enter owt? Not just aircraft?

Got a 1/8th terminator that needs polishing and subjecting to a bottle or two of alclad chrome.

I should join this one.... not counting those started and put back in the box, I have on the desk:

RS Reggiane 2005, cockpit ready, wings done but yet to sort the fuselage

hasegawa F-104J, almost completely painted

hasegawa T-2 waiting for paint

Zvezda mig-21 waiting for the final camo bits

Revell hawk waiting for the last few plastic bits and the paint

Airfix skyhawk to be decaled

Fujimi tomcat needing a couple more colours and complete assembly

Special Hobby Sea Fury waiting for the landing gear

A Smer Fulmar that I started in 2007...

hasegawa Sea Harrier for which I've yet to print the decals....

It's a disaster !!!

• Like 1

I shamefully have several projects stalled in my shelves, so I should really join in with something. Questions is what? I looked around and found a few;

The Matech Ford GT from LeMans 2011, three of Michèle Mouton's Audi Quattro's from Tour du Corse and her Sport Quattro from Pikes Peak 1985 and also the S1 Quattro from Pikes Peak 1986, all in 1/24. The Quattros are not too far from painting, but in need of decal art work to be drawn to varying degrees. The Ford GT is about half way through body mods as it started with a road car kit. But I'm not sure I can work up my inspiration, maybe for Michèle's Pikes Peak Quattro.

I should take up work again on my build of Vasa, linked below, but I'm not quite done with my decisions on how to continue.

The McLaren F1 I haven't worked on since May, but I don't count that one as stalled as it's still on the bench and being looked at every now and then.

Then I have the Yellow Submarine, being built from the MPC kit as the real thing from the real battle of Pepperland. It stalled due to lack of pressure resistant windows in the correct scale, but I have since got the material for those.

Need to make a decision...

A few possibles:

Airfix 1/24 Spitfire 1A - worked on this off and on for 8 years. Almost at decaling stage - but the supplied decals look dodgy (and I really want to do Al Deere's machine)

Airfix 1/48 XII - 75 % complete last November - but nothing done since :-(

Airfix 1/48 Canberra PR9 - 90 % complete since, oh don't know when .

AZ Firefly (the re-pop of the Grand Phoenix kit) - main airframe together - but there is a lot of filler to be sanded down. This one ground to halt when my modelling mojo disappeared for a while (cause or effect?)

There are the couple of others as well but I think thats enough for a start.

This is creating a strange dilemma - should I enter one of my unfinished GB subjects which I wanted to finish the next months anyway? Or should I finish something (one of the many) which has been on my shelf for a really long time - leaving the unfinished GB builds unfinished for some more time? :frantic:

Rene

This is creating a strange dilemma - should I enter one of my unfinished GB subjects which I wanted to finish the next months anyway? Or should I finish something (one of the many) which has been on my shelf for a really long time - leaving the unfinished GB builds unfinished for some more time? :frantic:

Rene

It has to be one of the on the shelf for the really long time builds, the ones that were just too difficult or had too many problems, the ones where your enthusiasm just guttered and died like an extinguished candle.

Michael

It has to be one of the on the shelf for the really long time builds, the ones that were just too difficult or had too many problems, the ones where your enthusiasm just guttered and died like an extinguished candle.

Michael

I have some of those but I need something which can be done while I am working on other GBs as well. I stumbled about my Academy Hunter. I basically has all (OK - most) issues solved and stopped where most my builds end - short before painting... I will enter this. It has been on the shelf for a few years too.

Rene

PS - I did a GB banner in the usual thread.

Sooooo I'm thinking what should I bring to the bench this time:

- 1:144 Entex Concorde in "sharktail" AirFrance livery - almost there but i lost one of engine exhausts and need to scratch build it or make a resin copy of the other

OR

- 1:72 Airfix Concorde that I started some 5 years ago and still cannot finish because it is such a s***

OR

- 1:72 Contrail Beechcraft Starship that was almost ready before I dropped it and broke its wing and one of the fins

OR

- 1:144 Tu-144 prototype that is heavily modified Entex kit

???

• Like 1

Sooooo I'm thinking what should I bring to the bench this time:

- 1:144 Entex Concorde in "sharktail" AirFrance livery - almost there but i lost one of engine exhausts and need to scratch build it or make a resin copy of the other

OR

- 1:72 Airfix Concorde that I started some 5 years ago and still cannot finish because it is such a s***

OR

- 1:72 Contrail Beechcraft Starship that was almost ready before I dropped it and broke its wing and one of the fins

OR

- 1:144 Tu-144 prototype that is heavily modified Entex kit

???

Airfix Concorde!!! I thouhgt about this myself but first I did just hardly started it and second I will not finish it in time due to other builds. But it would be great to see it here.

Rene

Well I have the MPM 1/48 He177A-5 primed and covered in a fine layer of dust sitting unloved in the corner of the room,might just dust it off.Cant really allow an innocent Hedgehog to suffer in vain.

• Like 1

Fair few that'll qualify I think. Question is which first?

Dragon US T28 super tank destroyer 1/3 built I think

Meng A39 Tortoise needs tracks paint finishing and weathering

Tamiya M8 HMC finish painting decals tracks and weathering

Tamiya Panther G sat in primer

Airfix Harrier FSA1 thought it lost it in the box found it nearly finished being build

Couple of broken bones and life kinda shelved these. That and smashing my bottle of Mr S cement, two more now on order though along with other bits.

On another resource a hedgehog was chosen as KUTA GB mascot because hedgehog is a proud bird, it does not fly until get kicked up

I'm not sure the meaning is not lost in translation :)

1385384590_IMG_1407.jpg

Hey now!

• Like 1

Curious to know….I've added a build that has been sitting on the bench for 7 months, but I'd barely started it. Does this count toward the GB or do they have to be in a state of semi-completion?

Dave

Dave,

I'm not sure what the ruling is as far completeness goes, but for me if you think that you need a KUTA to get this going again then it should be in.

• Like 2