Airfix Hawker Typhoon Ib 1/72 + Base

It´s another Airfix Hawker Typhoon Ib...i know a lot of people have done this subject, probably because its such a good model ! A great work from airfix on this one...

I ´ve build this in a GB comemorating the 70 years of DDay, and i finish it last week...i just wanted to put the photos here also !

It was my first model using the airbrush...and what a diference...so much more you can do...

First the small base:

Used a cheap picture frame and used some powders and acessories...then i "invented" a fire extiguisher

Tratadas_4025.jpg

Tratadas_4031.jpg

Tratadas_4050.jpg

Here is the Typhoon alone:

Tratadas_4057.jpg

Tratadas_4059.jpg

Tratadas_4060.jpg

Final :

Tratadas_4036.jpg

Tratadas_4039.jpg

Tratadas_4042.jpg

Tratadas_4044.jpg

Tratadas_4053.jpg

Tratadas_4065.jpg

I painted the DDay stips on the pic frame for "dramatic" effect...

I loved doing this comemorative model, a very small tribute, for such an important day...

• Like 14

Thank you all for the kind words.

Seriously excellent! :thumbsup:

I love the base. It has given me few ideas.

Take all ideias you want !! if you want to know something about the build, just ask !

very nice. i love the little touches like the stripes on the frame and the "france" sign. :coolio:

Thanks for noticing ! hehehe i think the sign could be a nice touch..."normandy this way"

Thanks, again for all the kind words !

I m really happy the way it turn out! It was very important to do my best in this small tribute...

Now its back to the sprues and paints to learn more, correct what went wrong, and always learn a bit from model to model !!