Cyber Hobby 1:72 Sea Venom FAW21

Afternoon folks - I am have a busy week finishing off kits and this one I finished this morning. Its the first Cyber Hobby I've done and I think its great. The only slight issue is that I did't put enough weight up front so its a tail sitter which is damn frustrating! You will see at the back I have put some sprue under the tail to keep the nose on the ground!

So I really enjoyed this kit although I found it bizarre that the instructions just seem to leave out certain stages - whats all that about!?

I used Xtracolor Xtra Dark Sea Grey for the upper sides and Tamiya Sky for the undersides and the kit decals which were fine. I am surprised how much I like it in 1:72 - I once did the Revell 1:32 version which was an aweful build! Think I will be doing some more of these and I have the Cyber Hobby Sea Vixen in my stash which I might do next.

So any comments welcome

Chris

2014-10-24132837_zpsfdb043ee.jpg2014-10-24132902_zpsb8a81e4c.jpg2014-10-24132930_zpsaa1c2ed0.jpg2014-10-24132942_zps6b8aab24.jpg2014-10-24132953_zps4ad1175d.jpg2014-10-24132959_zps4d30f698.jpg

• Like 12

Well done. That's gone together very nicely. The EDSG/Sky scheme just can't be beat! Shame about the nose weight. Can you drill a hole underneath the nose undercarriage and feed it some small lead shot? Cheers Andrew

It's mainly the wing span that's wrong. IIRC I compared it to some plans when I reviewed it and found it's out by the width of the wingtip tanks. There are some niggles with the rest but its not too bad.

I can't fault your build or finish, absolutely top work there but the cyber hobby kit just looks wrong from every angle to me. The nose, the wings and the hook fairing jump out the most in my eyes.

Even the old FROG kit has a more accurate outline and that's saying something, I just hope that Airfix tool this one up soon.

Regards

Tom