1/32 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190F-8 by Revell - released

Homebee

Sorry to rain on the parade guys,I know that this is only a test shot but IMHO the detail is quite soft in many an area,especially the cockpit!

I would love to know how you can see that it is soft just by looking at small, low res photos?

• Like 1

I would love to know how you can see that it is soft just by looking at small, low res photos?

Just like DRiskill I've been in love with Bf109s,FW190s,Panzer IIIs and IVs for the best part of the last three centuries...and I've just turned 51!If you want to get me started to what doesn't look ok suffice to say that I don't need a high res pictures to see things that many wouldn't even notice on the real aircraft!

Having seen it built up I'll add to MDriskill's list a rear spar that would merely be OK on a 1/750 model, non-existent cannon mounts on said spar,MG151 mount again barely ok on a 1/144 kit,wrong radiator ring,wrong cooling fan,anemic prop blades and I can tell a sparsely detailed cockpit tub on an Anton or a Dora from Mars!

You pays yer money and you takes yer choice....I will pass on this one and probably get one only for the 801 (if Eduard won't come out first with a resin one!) to furter detail and fit it on one of my Hasegawas,for which I have boatloads of AM sets.

Money is no object to me when it comes to modeling or other things in life...I like to spend what I earn but don't like to throw it away and I'm not a guy who takes second bests...this would be the case in my opinion until the ZM will come out phasing it out...PERIOD!

If you do like what you see go ahead and buy as many as you want.Me,I'll happily wait for the ZM ones and even more happily pass on this one,unless I don't want to use AT LEAST an Aires wheel well,a scratchbuilt/Eagle Parts cockpit,Extratech and Eduard PE sets, Eagle parts/MDC wheels,Eagle Parts/Henri Daehne

Propeller(s),Eagle Parts radiator ring and prop fan,Egle Parts upper cowling,brass or resin 20mm and 15mm barrels,G-Force UC legs ...and that would mean shelling out nearly €200,including the kit,of course!

Edited by Canuck63

You could of replied and said that you've seen it built up and up close.. God knows what you're age and €200's of AM has got to do with it... let alone the boat loads of AM you have for the Hasegawa kit..

:)

Propeller(s),Eagle Parts radiator ring and prop fan,Egle Parts upper cowling,brass or resin 20mm and 15mm barrels,G-Force UC legs ...and that would mean shelling out nearly €200,including the kit,of course!

Or use some modelling skills and fix anything you don't like yourself?

I dare say you're not at the heart of Revell's marketing demographic anyway...

Iain

• Like 2

You could of replied and said that you've seen it built up and up close.. God knows what you're age and €200's of AM has got to do with it... let alone the boat loads of AM you have for the Hasegawa kit..

:)

If you want people to reply to your questions with what you want to read just drop them a PM and they'll do a copy/paste! :popcorn:

Haters gonna hate.

I like how people are like "wait for the ZM kit." As if ZM and Revell of Germany are targeting the same people. Here in the states I suspect I'll be able to get one of these for $25-$30. I can throw 5-6 aftermarket sets at it to increase detail fidelity if I want and still be under $75.

Why is it so hard to understand that like - say Ford and Mercedes - model companies have different target demographics. Believe it or not, not everyone wants to invest $100 per build and months of work to achieve 100% accuracy. Just like every other dang consumer product on the market people DO make model purchases based on the same principles they make every other purchase.

But let's be honest...95% of the time the "rivet counters" are only counting the rivets for the sake of their egos...makes their lives feel somewhat less meaningless when they can tell you how horrible a kit it...for some reason.

• Like 3

If you want people to reply to your questions with what you want to read just drop them a PM and they'll do a copy/paste! :popcorn:

Not sure what you mean ^^

But, my point being, you've said you won't buy the Revell kit and throw AM at it, but you have the Hasegawa kit, with a 'boatload of AM for it'. I have the Hasegawa kit and will be getting this Revell kit. (I quite like the Fw-190, but I don't know the inns and outs..) Your opinion saying this isn't worth buying is properly laughable.. it's a model kit, representing a Fw-190..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...