1/32 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190F-8 by Revell - released

Homebee

Seen in the Schipol LHS homepage, Revell is to release in March 2015 a new tool 1/32nd Focke-Wulf Fw.190F-8 kit - ref. 04869.

Source: http://www.aviationmegastore.com/focke-wulf-fw190f-8-expected-march-2015-04869-revell-4009803048697-scale-modelling/product/?shopid=LM531e5342352dd6461291318c68&action=prodinfo&parent_id=212&art=125099

That said Revell had already a 1/32nd Fw.190F-8 kit in its catalogue - ref.04716.

So new tool (or new parts) or not, that's the question. Revell has the answer.

http://www.scalemates.com/products/product.php?id=155520

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

A new tooled 1/32 FW 190F from Revell is interesting and could result in a Ju 88/FW 190 Mistel combination down the road. The 1/32 Ju 88, as designed, would readily accomodate a new tooled Mistel warhead , cowlings, and a vertical stabilizer. I wonder if a 1/32 scale Mistel could be on the horizon.....perhaps Christmas 2015?

Vonbraun

Edited by Vonbraun
  • Like 1

Andreas could you shed some light about the project, you already mentioned on another forum about this being a new class of kit coming from RoG...

Thank you in advance.

Tom

I just wanted to abbreviate the senseless discussion if it was a new tool or just a re-pop. Meanwhile I recognized that Aviation Megastore/NL had already stated this kit being all new on their own website. All further information should come from Revell themselves.

As stated in another forum, yes, the Hasegawa kit is ok, shapewise and outline and cross sections, although rather simple from construction.

At last year´s SMW Revell showed some pre-production shots of the Tornado which was released earlier this year. Would be nice if Revell is going to repeat this again.

Andreas Beck

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well German WWII isn't really my thing , but that power egg looks well up to the standards of the aftermarket parts available for the Has 190's ,

I'll leave it for others to dissect it forensically , but it looks to be a decent enough kit , and it'll probably a lot cheaper , and easier to get that the Has ones these days ../

This new kit will have to stand against the rather good Hasegawa modell. Here some additional information:

The new kit will comprise:

-all flight control surfaces separate

-correct cross section of the fuselage

-correct planking at the front of the tailplane

-correct washout of the wings (angel of attack of wing chord 2° at the root and 0° at the tips)

-correct ( or at least improved) spinner and prop

Superb research and design work !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to rain on the parade guys,I know that this is only a test shot but IMHO the detail is quite soft in many an area,especially the cockpit!I'll either wait for the ZM ones (if Tamiya won't make one first!) or "play" with my Hasegawas and the boatloads of AM goodies I have for them!Instead of five different types of tyres and all the ordnance that could be carried by two B52s I'd have focused on other details!It's just MY OWN opinion and since I LOVE the 190s this one simply won't get my money.There are many nice little touches to be seen here and there though, and the engine will be a good start for a detailing project or it could even trigger the likes of Brassin to make a resin one that could be easily fitted to the Hasegawa Antons.
I've snatched a 1/32 G-10 for £10 off eBay the other day,and if this one will be as cheap it'll lend itself to a kit-bashing or two!I love the Gustavs and the Arado bot I'm not so hot on this one!

Cheers
Manu (who's going to get lotsa inbound flak :cold: )

Edited by Canuck63

I've been a 190 fan since infancy, and I'm excited by this one.

To start with negative comments, the test shot definitely suffers from a very anemic cooling fan, too-narrow prop blades, and worst of all the exaggerated bulges over the nose guns that seem to plague nearly all kits of late radial 190's (IMHO the 1992-vintage Hasegawa 1/72 kits remain the best rendition of this detail). The latter look even worse than on the recent Airfix 1/72 kit... Revell really needs to improve those before the final kit is released.

But I see the optional "open" and "closed" canopies, excellent engine and cockpit detail, and truly accurate wheel well representation as advances over the fine Hasegawa kits, as well as the additional overall shape refinements (wing washout, etc.) described above. I personally really like separate control surfaces--a little more complication in building, but giving a subtly "animated," much more realistic look to the finished model. I appreciate the different tire and canopy versions, but am puzzled we didn't get the late wide wood prop blades for this late version of the 190.

And IMHO it was an inspired choice to start with the F-8, giving Revell a marketing niche covered rather poorly by previous kits. Ground attack 190's have been greatly neglected by kitmakers in general, and if the wide selection of hangy bits are reasonably accurate that will be a first in 1/32. I'm not aware of any other 190 kit to accurately depict the outboard wing drop tank installation, making the Fw 190G and some night fighter variants achievable with the kit.

And we all know the price will be very favorable. I'm also very much looking forward to the ZM kits, but for a "buttoned up" build without a lot of the interior exposed, it will be interesting to see how much of an appearance advantage their A-8 has over this new Revell.

Edited by MDriskill