C-141 Starlifter.

This is the Aurora 1/110th scale kit. I don't recall where I got it. But it was already built but I gave it the colourscheme its in now. What I would dearly love to know is how many of this kit still exist.

IMG_6579_zps74d073b8.jpg

IMG_6580_zps94ce2e7e.jpg

The decals I used were from generic sets by Microscale. I know the decals are 1/72nd but fitted well on this refurb. The blue cheat lines were from stripe decals. I must , sometime, fit a pitot to the fin tip leading edge.

Other than the Dragon/Italeri 1/200th C-141A and B kits, I know of no other ever being produced.

EDIT/ PS: I remember where I got it now. Mel Bromley gave it to me back in the 1970s when we had a small club in Horsham!!

• Like 8

Looks good to me - nothing wrong with using decals sold for one scale on a model in another scale as long as the size is right.

Nova did the A and B as vacforms and Anigrand have done both in resin - all in 1/72

Steve

Nova did the A and B as vacforms and Anigrand have done both in resin - all in 1/72

Steve

I thought there might have been others in more recent years. But I would like to know how rare the Aurora kit, built or unbuilt, is.

Lovely job! - Very nostalgic model, a mate of mine had one of those and I remember being so jealous of it!

thanks for showing - can't beat that white grey scheme (he painted his silver...!)

cheers

Rick

A really nice finished model and nicely decalled. Forgot about this one and only ever saw it in adverts, Lindberg kits always seemed to be a bit of hit or miss in terms of availability.

Had one back in the mid 70's,it was either the Starlifter or the Nitto's C5 Galaxy (money was scarce during those difficult days) and the Starlifter came out as the winner.It survived for a decade before I have to leave for higher education and that was it.I remember painting it silver and white.The grey didn't reach the Borneon coast until much later.......Anyway thanks for showing the Starlifter,it brought back a lot of happy and mischevious memories!