New Revell Ar 196B(A-1/2/5?) in 1/32 , release February 2015

Thomas V.

As already mentioned Revell is to release new boxing of Ar 196 in 1/32 in February 2015..it is interesting to see announced subtype RoG plans to release..." B" as there where only three B-O aircraft built, featuring single cental float. Most likely that its a case of lapsus calami so which subtype

will they release A-0/1/2 or A-5........

Regards

Tom

Actually, I quite like the single float version, although markings options will be limited!

I must admit, that I like the idea of converting one to a land based wiffer version!...

Regards;
Steve

As already mentioned Revell is to release new boxing of Ar 196 in 1/32 in February 2015..it is interesting to see announced subtype RoG plans to release..." B" as there where only three B-O aircraft built, featuring single cental float. Most likely that its a case of lapsus calami so which subtype

will they release A-0/1/2 or A-5........

Regards

Tom

But which bit was a slip ? It's supposed to be a 'B-1, but is that an Arado 96B-1 (Avia C-2) or 196B-1 ?

Tony

edited to correct auto spell, ironically !

Edited by tony.t

Arado Ar196B-1 (expected february 2015) - ref.04922

Die drei Maschinen der B-0-Serie mit den Werknummern 2519, 2520 und 2521 hatten einen einzelnen Zentralschwimmer mit Stabilisierungsschwimmern unter den Tragflächen. Ihre Ausstattung entsprach ansonsten der A-2. Die Truppenerprobung erfolgte von 1940 bis 1941.[9] Die drei Maschinen flogen anschließend bei der Bordfliegerstaffel 1./196 in Wilhelmshaven.

938400-16807-42.jpg

Source: http://www.aviationmegastore.com/arado-ar196b-1-expected-february-2015-04922-revell-4009803049229-scale-modelling/product/?shopid=LM5437f81d922e6648aeb9de84a9&action=prodinfo&parent_id=212&art=125098

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Price including taxes works out at a shade under £25. A bargain.. I did not know that a version with a single main float was built. THis unusual subject guarantees at least one sale!! I have no doubt there will be a lot of modellers bemoaning the choice of subject version due to "limited appeal"- largely because it never entered service..Personally, I rather like these off-beat subjects so, mine will be painted in proper operational markings..Another inspired choice by Revell. More power to them

Allan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...