1/72 Revell Blohm & Voss Bv P-194

Excellent work, always nice to see the decals on, I wish you keen eyesight and a steady hand for all those stencils...

No I most definitely wouldn't like another Finemolds 410, awful things, I'm still traumatised by the one I've just managed to wrestle to completion :frantic: (I've still got one in the stash which at this point in time I'd have to be forced at gunpoint to build)!

Am I alone in finding the picture of someone being forced to build a kit at gunpoint amusing? :lol:

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 3

Excellent work, always nice to see the decals on, I wish you keen eyesight and a steady hand for all those stencils...

Am I alone in finding the picture of someone being forced to build a kit at gunpoint amusing? :lol:

Cheers,

Stew

Nope! :winkgrin:

• Like 1

I think they were £33 but the unitemised receipt I have may have included the other one or two saundry items. I got it from Sylmasta. Tomeshenko informs me that he has already tried his kit so perhaps he would like to comment.

I made fairly feeble progress tonight, just getting a few more stencil decals applied:

P1080837_zps06a7284d.jpg

I know in the photos the decals look a bit yellowed but in real life it is not noticeable at all really.

Revell have provided a most comprehensive set of stencils and I don't think I will get through them all until tomorrow night:

P1080838_zpsd670eb98.jpg

So its bye from me for tonight,

Nigel

• Like 4

That's coming on very nicely Nigel.

Finish is great and paints are just right.

Masking results are very pleasing and with a few decals now she's really taking shape.

Top stuff

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1

MDC had the lacquer paints at Telford but I did hear them say that there were no replacement stocks. By the end of the show a lot of the racks were empty.

Sent a e-mail to Bob (mdc) asking why he didn't have them on his website, replied that the Mr Colour was a trial thing, but it seemed to go well at Telford and to keep an eye out on his site.Hopeful that we may get a UK supplier of it.

Echo what Duncan said though, the Hobby Colours just as good

Resin casting kits? Sounds interesting, how muh was it?

Ben

It was £33. A tad pricey I spose, but you get 400g of casting resin (in two parts) and 450g of moulding rubber, so I reckon that should go some way, or at least get you started. It's the first time I've messed around with resin for a long long time. I made a simple cast of an intake fan and it came out well for a first attempt. It opens up numerous possibilities. Oh and it doesn't smell much either.

Sent a e-mail to Bob (mdc) asking why he didn't have them on his website, replied that the Mr Colour was a trial thing, but it seemed to go well at Telford and to keep an eye out on his site.Hopeful that we may get a UK supplier of it.

Echo what Duncan said though, the Hobby Colours just as good

Bob Brown will posting about this shortly on BM but the news is good.

As for the Hobby Colour being just as good, I have to disagree : I used some but my hair did not miraculously grow back and I did not become a babe magnet like Nigel (or little Attitude Adjustor), it was just paint and possessed no miraculous powers whatsoever.

Now less yak from me and more genius from The Nigel.

Anil

• Like 1

Revell have provided a most comprehensive set of stencils and I don't think I will get through them all until tomorrow night:

P1080838_zpsd670eb98.jpg

How I love those german nose letters...

• Like 1

Dare I speculate we will see the finished article at the December club night?

I reckon I should finish it this weekend so no bother for the December meeting. I might even bring along the Osprey (but possibly not quite finished).

Fhew, finally got there with all the decals applied:

P1080840_zps52df27b7.jpg

It was a bit of a slog but good to get there in the end:

P1080841_zps8db13d75.jpg

P1080842_zps1d65c75f.jpg

The kit decals were not too bad but as well as being rather brittle did seem to be prone to trapping air pockets:

P1080843_zpsbf21f913.jpg

I will have to go round this and pop the bubbles and then apply some decal softening solution, me thinks.

I got the last of the decals on these bomb bay doors but I have doubts that they will be visible at all on the finished model:

P1080844_zps22b01092.jpg

Anyway a good and productive modelling evening with a nice and satisfactory outcome,.

Bye for now,

Nigel

• Like 10

That is a relief

just for a minute I wondered if you knew there is a blooming big hole in the underneathy bit :)

;)

it looks rather tasty actually Nigel

I may even consider splinter camming a German airyplane myself after enjoying this one

nice

• Like 1

Good to see you got all the decals done. It is really looking good. It is quite a bit wider than I thought it would be. Hit those pesky malcontent decals with some setting solution and show them who is the boss.

• Like 1

Great work as usual Nigel. Although if I didn't know better, I'd have guessed that your kit box was missing a sprue - the one with the starboard tail boom to be more exact.

Mark

Edited by Mark Turk
  • Like 1

Just a small update tonight (so far). I normally use some shiny silver paint on the undercarriage hydraulic struts but I had an idea to use some BMF to create a more metal like effect. I used BMF Ultra Bright Chrome foil as a starting point which frankly is not that chrome like but I used a polished tool to burnish up a small area of it:

P1080846_zpsa2f3d55e.jpg

Here it is applied:

P1080847_zpseb0bdb2c.jpg

I think that looks quite nice. I will have to adopt this as my standard method.

• Like 8