MPM Blenheim Mk.IV

AndrewE

Thought I would join with another Blenheim but this time the MPM Mk.IV. I shall be doing it in the box top markings.

I picked this up second hand a few years ago and it came with plenty of aftermarket bits. I shall definitely use the Aeroclub props and guns but probably stick with the resin engines that come with the kit. The hardest part is going to be the canopy for which I will need to do some major surgery to replace the kit one with the Squadron vac form replacement.

The rest of the kit should hopefully go together without too much trouble.

Andrew

Blenheim01_zpsee910143.jpg

• 1 month later...

Rather a slow start on this I'm afraid due to getting my WW1 anniversary build completed. Now that is out of the way I can hopefully concentrate on this full time and sneak it in before the finish on the GB.

So far I have the main components together and rebuilt the nose section to accommodate the Squadron vac-form canopy. I thought I would get away with simply cutting away the canopy part of the kit supplied nose but it turned out to be too wide for the new canopy so the sides had to be cut away as well and rebuilt with plastic card.

The landing and wing tip lights have all been replaced with parts from old coloured toothbrushes as well. Hopoefully updates should be rather more frequent now with only two weeks to go.

Blenheim02_zpsa1896a28.jpg

Blenheim03_zps1db5a6e0.jpg

Blenheim04_zps0bb70955.jpg

Blenheim05_zps2014e4ee.jpg

Blenheim06_zps172feb09.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...