EE Lightning F.6 XS903 11 Sqn 1988 (Airfix 1/72)

Hello all

Here is my finished new tool Airfix 1/72 EE lightning F.6 Built as XS903 of 11 Sqn circa 1988

I built it straight out of the box bar modifying the Red Tops to drill rounds and decals from a old Modeldecal sheet.

tried to replicate the grubby look to the aircraft as it reached the end of its service life.

Enjoy :-)

LightningF6XS903003.jpg

IMG_5925.jpg

LightningF6XS903002.jpg

LightningF6XS903001.jpg

• Like 11

:goodjob: Lightnings looked good in any of their various schemes but a dirty grey bird had a certain air of purpose about her.

Very nice indeed Scott.

Lovely work, the Lightning does look quite purposeful in this scheme. That big fin lends itself nicely to more colourful schemes.

I am decalling my F.2 just now but have the F.6 in the pile and had 2 Sword F.3's arrive last week! I'm torn with what schemes to do, but this has convinced me a grey jet is definitely required.

Excellent.

Eng

It's sits a little proud at the back end and it's only tacked in place at the movement.

Scott C

I had to do a bit of sanding and shaping to get the canopy to sit properly on my recent Airfix Lightning build. I did find that the fit of some parts were a bit "1980's" and not what I was expecting of a brand new moulding.

Yours looks very fine in the light grey colour scheme, a little wash in the main wheels would finish it off nicely don't you think?

Duncan B

I had to do a bit of sanding and shaping to get the canopy to sit properly on my recent Airfix Lightning build. I did find that the fit of some parts were a bit "1980's" and not what I was expecting of a brand new moulding.

Yours looks very fine in the light grey colour scheme, a little wash in the main wheels would finish it off nicely don't you think?

Duncan B

I'd not noticed that I'd not weathered the wheels, nice spot Duncan

• Like 1