Found this yesterday & I have pasted it on Flory Forum.

So many members there have commented awesome brilliant out of this world.

That is just incredible. Just brilliant. I cannot find enough words.

Fantastic Andrew. The best project I have seen.

Matter of interest & all connected.

I am putting together 1/48 scale all the British aircraft & vehicles in a diorama. Also include

will be a good number of Argentinian stuff. About 20 modles approx.

If i approach just a bit close to yours i will be happy.

Great stuff Andrew I am all agog.

Laurie

• Like 1

Scale modelling doesn't get any better.

The money and, even the time expended, don't come close to paying for this wonderful illusion.

MAGIC!

Congratulations, Andrew!

And thanks for sharing it with us...

• 2 weeks later...

Only just seen this since it was brought up to the top.  What can I say?  Best model I have ever seen and took me right back to being there (albeit in a different ship).  The opening photos looked to me like they were taken back in '82 in the South Atlantic.  The modelling is exquisite, the weathering perfection itself and the sea started to make me feel queasy again!  BZ to you sir. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Absolutely awesome. Truly stunning. 

I went on F101 HMS Yarmouth when I was small, open day in Yarmouth after Falklands war. You were only meant to go in designated areas. But got lost and ended up in the bridge. I got a full tour of the bridge from the captain before being taken to my parents an hour later lol

I still have a picture of the bell on deck with a very young me underneath it. 

Chris

Just keeps on coming back this one, I'm obviously not the only one that regards this as probably the most inspirational example of scale warship modelling I have come across,  everything is just so "right".

The original idea behind my current Victorious project was born after seeing this for the first time, and it's still "the" reference, I will be a very happy bunny if I can capture as much as half of the life and dynamism of this piece........Andrewa you have a lot to answer for !!!!

Cheers

David

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This thread all happened before I became a member, so I just spotted it thanks to David's mention.

I stand in awe of your work, shows me how much I still have to strive towards.  5 1/2 years doesn't seem a lot for this result.... :clap:

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on a superb piece of work, every time i come back for a look ,i find something new i missed the time before .That is what you want in a diorama, something to keep you interested all the time, well done 👏

• 2 weeks later...