Cheers for the suggestions guys.....If it ever happens again (which it ceratinly won't with Army Painter products) I'll keep them in mind. :coolio:

However for this one micromesh has done the job.....It's not pretty, but I can disguise the worst. :confused:

I've heard back from Jonas at Army Painter and I think we can work something out.....What I'd like to see is better nozzles on the cans, but as I categorically won't be buying any more Army Painter products, I'll never know.....Unless of course Army Painter wish to submit revised cans for review here at BM. That ball's very much in his court. :wicked:

• Like 1

I think I would've launched it after a setback like that.

Believe me, this was very nearly the first light tank in orbit! :wicked:

However I've also become quite attached to this little model.....I've reconnected the airbrush & compressor and am preparing to mix paint! No way I can get this completely finished now (the oils won't be dry), but I can at least get some camo and basic weathering on it.

PS - I will be getting to find out quite a bit more about Army Painter products after all, as it appears that Jonas is willing to 'play ball'.....Good man! :thumbsup:

Lets see if we can get something positive from of all this. :coolio:

• Like 1

Now I understand about the sanding comment. I am so sorry for this to happen to you. "Paint, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the never ending Britmodeller. Their life long mission to explore strange new worlds, to seek out the perfect "Sky" and "Night", to boldly go where no man has gone before; the achievement of a flawless finish." (Apologies to Captain Kirk)

• Like 2

Cheers George.....Mostly fixed now. :coolio:

I had to have another go at one or two areas, but I'm quite surprised how well it has cleaned up under the circumstances, removing the cotton-bud fluff was almost as much of a pain as the sanding.....I managed to knock one of the etch towing shackles off the model but it's securely back in position now.

The chaotic 'two steps forward, one step back' nature of this build continues.....Firstly my airbrush stand sprang a leak, so I sorted that. Then the main-seal of my airbrush went, no worries, I had a spare. :pipe:

Little tank you will not defeat me, not after all we've been through.....No way! No how! ;)

Anyhow, after my various tribulations, here's where we are at now:

Basecoat01_zps9af08a14.jpgBasecoat02_zps98b0b20a.jpg

Still got some tidying up to do before I can add the camo and get a Klear coat on it.....Not a prayer of making the deadline now though. :confused:

• Like 2

I'm calling the camo scheme done for tonight:

CamoColour02_zpsdd5deaa4.jpg

It still needs a lot of touching up, but I've run out of steam and if I carry on I'll only mess it up! :confused:

Looking nice you're gonna get there

Not a prayer I'm afraid.....I still have to touch up the camo, re-work the tracks and do the detail painting before I can apply Klear and the decals. Once that's done I can get started on the oil-washes and the weathering.....If you fancy giving me an extra day (or two) I reckon I can probably finish it. :pray:

• Like 5

It's just occured to me that I had spares for about half of what I had to smooth out.....I should have just popped the pebble-dashed parts and replaced them! :doh:

Sounds like DOH! moment. I have more than I care to mention!

I think you've done exceptionally well to get this far. I'm pretty sure if I'd had the problems you've had with this kit mine would have been on it's way to the dump a while back.

It looks like it will be a fine addition to your collection when it's done.

• Like 1

I am TBH very pleased with it considering where it was a page or so back.....My sand colour is rather too vivid, so I may repaint it, but I kind of like it so I might not. Either way I'll finish this one off at a steady pace now. :pipe:

• Like 1

You are almost at the finishing point of this fine build. The tank is shaping up in a great manner. Probably, you need to start thinking about your next model to start . . . hmmmm. . . perchance a Sack AS 6?

• Like 2

Apologies to the sarge for the late reply but I've had similar issues with the army painter cans.

First time I used them it melted a trumpeter M46 Patton. I'd spent ages tidying up and detailing the kit and primed it in my usual halfords grey primer I've used for donkey's years with no problems.

When I applied the army painter US green it looked similar to the sarges ft17. Trying to sand it down made it worse as it had melted / eaten into the plastic.

I ended up stripping it for spares and rebuying the kit.

Ive used it since and had a less severe reaction on an italeri M48 Patton which I've managed to hide under stowage and vietnam dust.

Suffice to say that I shan't be using them again!!!

Ben

Edited by badger
  • Like 2