OK, I'm a bit late starting and I'm going for a different subject.....I was going to build the new Masterbox Tank Mk.Is, but those have been masterfully covered by other members, so I thought I'd offer up something new and a bit exciting from the orient, the Flyhawk 1/72 FT-17:

FT-17Box_zps3c9d7a71.jpg

FT-17Contents_zpsc8621a5a.jpg

This is a brand new kit from a new company and the quality is absolutely exceptional.....The slide-moulds used on this kit are amazing (just look at the tracks & hull tubs), the detail is incredible and you get two kits in the box for around £15 (inc. P&P from China)! :thumbsup:

Dragon and Trumpeter are so dead.....Flyhawk just stole the future! :winkgrin:

• Like 3

They are way better than Dragon's latest releases, right up there with MaCo/Revell, but with slide moulding and etch too.....I'll have some detail shots of the parts for you shortly.

Alex Clark was raving about these on ML Braille DG, so I picked them up out of curiosity.....He wasn't exaggerating, these are some really special little kits!

The bits, with a government issue single figure base one pence piece for comparison. :coolio:

Hull & Turret:

FT-17HullAndTurret_zps930cd7de.jpg

Tracks & Optional Wooden Idlers:

FT-17RunningGear_zpsce30128d.jpg

Main Sprue:

FT-17MainSprue_zps3b8c988d.jpg

Some details:

FT-17MainSprueDetails_zps4a03476e.jpg

Please excuse the odd wayward Lurcher hair.....The booth has been out of commission for a week or two and the dogs have obviously snuck in at some point. :blush:

• Like 2

Oh FFS....I've just discovered that part 26 is missing from both main sprues and the parts are not in the bags or box, as this is the rear hull plate, I'm a bit stuffed! :doh:

I've e-mailed Flyhawk and requested replacement parts.....Let's hope they are better than Dragon on that front too! :pray:

Sometimes I don't know why I bother.....I really don't! :weep:

Not a word from Flyhawk, but the eBay seller has offered to send me the missing parts.....Assuming they don't take too long to arrive, I'm still in business! :yahoo:

Reckon it'll have to be strictly OOTB now (probably the Puteaux armed American tank with the three colour scheme).....But with these little fellas, that is by no means a bad thing. B)

• Like 1

I'm going to have a mess with the sub-assemblies like tracks and turret, but I'll probably leave the hull alone until I have the back plate.....Definitely going to do the US version as it had the wooden wheels and will thus contrast with Jorgen's metal wheeled model. Suspect the camo will have to be brush painted as masking up a neat hard-edge scheme on a shape this complex but this small may be rather beyond me! :shutup:

• Like 1

I'm hoping you get the replacement part soon so I can see this rather nice kit take shape. Nothing wrong with brush painting tank camo! After-all I followed your advice when doing mine! :hobbyhorse:

• Like 1

It's a cracking little kit, I'd say check the sprues before buying, but you can only get 'em from China at the moment AFAIK.....On balance I'd definitely recommend it, so far it seems I am the only person to get a kit with missing parts.....Typical innit! :rolleyes:

Just heard from the eBay seller.....Apparently Flyhawk have sent him parts which he will post to me tomorrow. May be a while before they arrive yet.

Still no reply from Flyhawk themselves, so if you do have a problem with these kits it looks like you will have to resolve it with the seller.....Shame really as they are excellent in pretty much every other way.

Looking through my WWI stash for alternatives, yields nothing that isn't already being built by someone.

Me too.....All the regulars from the ML Braille crew who bought this kit (most of them from the same seller) have checked in and reported their kits are fine.....No missing pieces whatsoever! :unsure:

I've got a couple of RPM 1/72 Model T kits coming, a MG carrier and an ambulance.....Considered (and am still considering) getting their Mack Bulldog to pose one of the FT-17s on, but that might prove to be rubbing salt into the wound given the continued absence of the parts! :(

You may be in luck then as life continues to beat me with the 'idiot stick'.....Got back from walking the Lurchers and bumped into our neighbour, who handed me this:

Embarrassing_zps11ba6770.jpg

Looks promising, eh? :hmmm:

Bit mystefied to know how it wound up with out neighbour.....I've been in all day and I've got two dogs with razor sharp hearing? :shrug:

Let's see what's inside:

VeryEmbarrassing_zps5ac05be0.jpg

Yup, they're here.....I'm in business! :yahoo:

Looks like I now have plenty of spares.....And a suitably apologetic e-mail to compose! :blush:

So, my sincere thanks to e-bay seller dawngrocerystore for sorting this out.....None of this was your fault really and you bent over backwards to help and still had to put up with my moaning. Based on this experience, I'd say members can buy with confidence. if there's a problem please be patient.....I wasn't and now I feel bad about it. :confused:

So.....Let the Flyhawk 1/72 FT-17 Speed-Build begin! :frantic:

My photo-booth is packed for a move into the garage (the airbrush booth would have been by tomorrow), so please excuse if the photo's are a bit ad-hoc. :rolleyes:

• Like 2