The results

Sponsored by

UMPLogosmall-1.png

Lee of Ultimate Modelling Products has let me have the honour of announcing the winners. However lets use Lee's words :)

"Well, that was not easy! So many excellent builds....

After much deliberation and cogitating here's my top 3......."

1st - PlaStix - Somewhere in France 1944 - Awesome diorama that really has a sense of action to it. Plus it shows many different modelling disciplines - Absolutely love it.... :)

2nd - Marek - Spitfire Mk.IXc 302 Sq - Excellent work from start to finish with a fantastic finish to the model.... Top notch!

3rd - Kallisti - Road Hogs - Another diorama with a sense of something happening in it and again, a show of several different modelling skill sets used. Especially love the river and bridge.

The prizes

1st Place.....

ULTIMATEGROUP.jpg

2nd

DSCF0408-1.jpg

DSCF0613.jpg

UMPTHINNYSPONGES.jpg

DSCF0443.jpg

DSCF0438.jpg

3rd

DSCF0613.jpg

Will the winners please PM Ultimate their names and addresses so that Lee can get their prizes out to them. Could the winners also supply a picture of themselves with their winning models and prizes once they get them so that Lee can put them in a thread on Britmodeller and on Ultimate's Facebook page.

• Like 4

What a wonderful Group Build with so many great entries. I'm glad I didn't have to choose the winners.

Thank you to the hosts and everyone that took part and a big Britmodeller thank you to Ultimate Modelling Products for their very generous sponsorship of this Group Build.

Thanks everyone.

• Like 5

Congratulations to the winners. It was great to be a host and for me all the builders in this GB are winners. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Thanks for being a great host, an inspirational GB with the many and varied builds that resulted.

• Like 3

Well done to our top three and well done to everyone, superb builds to mark a momentous time in our History some fitting tributes to those whatever

their nationality that took part in those events.

• Like 3

Well my flabber has been well and truly gasted!! When I opened this I was amazed and delighted in equal measure. Thank you Lee!! Wow!

As others have already said I'm so glad we didn't have to try and pick - it would have been way too hard to choose just one with so many excellent builds. Congratulations to Marek and Kallisti too! I thoroughly enjoyed the whole Group Build and this is like the icing on the best cake ever!! Big thank yous must also go to Arnold, Mish and Swordfish Fairey for the organisation and everyone who took part in this GB.

Without trying to go too far down the acceptance speech route (which I’m probably going to!), I do have to say my diorama would not have happened like this without the help and support of the other members of Britmodeller but especially Sgt.Squarehead, Shermaniac and Brews who offered loads of advice, support, information (and, in the Sarge's case, supplies of kit parts!!) - both on the WIP thread and via PM's. I think this is why being part of BM is so fantastic – there are so many knowledgeable, helpful people on here who support novices like me. THANK YOU! I have learnt a lot including new techniques and skills!

I really did and do appreciate all the support and encouragement from everyone throughout the build so more big thanks to (in order of appearance!):

Wolwe82, Mottlemaster, Stevej60, HK1886, Kallisti (especially for the inspiration from your Typhoon base), rwoolven76, theplasticsurgeon, nick32, sdk_uk, Dreamcatcher, Miggers, (ex)Sgtrafman, fatfingers, Stew Dapple, sean, Tempestmk5, giemme, ruudster, woody37, vppelt68, philp, Blastvader, wimbledon99, Nick Belbin and mixup_1. You all helped make it what it is!!

I’d also like to thank everyone who contributed to my Eduard Spitfire build as well.

Well that was fun – let’s do it again soon!

(Sorry I went on a bit but I really am amazed and thankful!)

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 8

You forgot to thank your agent and your family :) Well done on a superb build though, a worthy winner!

As for doing it again, there is always the Battle of Britain 75th next year... and the WW1 GB currently running...

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 4

Hello !

I'm a bit surprised that my modest plane has been chosen to be awarded the prize from among so many wonderful models.

Thank you very much !

Congratulations for PlaStix and Kallisti.

Congratulations for all the GB participants.

It has been a wonderful project to commemorate the D-Day heroes and I took part in it with great pleasure.

Thanks to Utimate Modelling Products and the Group Build moderator.

All the very best, Marek

• Like 8

I would like to add that everyone who completed their builds was a worthy winner and it was most definitely not easy having to choose a top three that's for sure!

It was an honour for us to sponsor such a great group build and look forward to sponsoring another one in the near future, if you guys will have us :)

Well done again to every one :)

• Like 7

Good morning all
Congratulations to the winners and all the participants ..
Thank you to the hosts who made this Gb possible ..
It was the first Gb in wich I particpated on Bm and I really enjoyed it ...

All the best
Patrice

• Like 2

Great GB, thanks to the sponsors, congratulations to the winners and to all who took part (apologies for my DNFs.....Things at home have been, complex).....Really looking forward to seeing Stix use all those groovy new products on another model, preferably small scale, with tracks! :thumbsup:

• Like 2