Aeroclub Biplane Jig

John Aero

I have been working on a new version of my Biplane Jig which has been OOP for some time. I was never completely happy with certain aspects of my Jig in it's various forms and certainly the production time made it

not cost effective to make.

With this new version I have used some different production and operation techniques and it is a much more efficient and precise device which will enable 1:72, 1:48 and many 1;32 types to be constructed. More over I will be producing an update pack to enable existing users of Mk.s 2B, 3, and 3B to improve their Jigs, I hope to make this mod pack at as reasonable price as I can.

As to the price of the new Jig I am still in the process of sorting some areas out. Just remember it is a long term tool just like your Dremel, Airbrush and compressor.

John

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good luck getting it ready, hope you can as I need a good jig. I know what it's like to be rushing around for projects for Telford, most of my planned items have fallen at the last (and sometimes first) hurdle, hopefully I can cobble a few good bits together.

Look forward to seeing you at the show John.

Colin

Uncanny timing, John!

I bought a 1/48 DH9 kit not long ago and when I looked more closely decided the time had come to invest in a jig. I was going to ask if you had one available and stumbled on your post!

I hope you'll beannouncing when its ready, and the price etc?

Cheers ...

• 2 weeks later...

More over I will be producing an update pack to enable existing users of Mk.s 2B, 3, and 3B to improve their Jigs

That is lovely!

Can you tell me which version do I have?

1388934912_PICT0235.jpg

Is it upgradeable?

That's a 2A, Yes it can be upgraded with the important bits. I notice that you only have the single stagger arms and not the double type so it's an early one. They're looking a little used. Some double arm types had the lower long spacer soldered into place. This will have to be un soldered as the stagger arms on the modified type fit either side of the main chassis frames and the gap arms are directly above the frames. All will be revealed, as I will be photographing the new build in a couple of days.

John

• 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Dear John, I hope you have made progress on upgrading your jig. I have great memories of chatting to you when you visited Point Cook RAAF Museum, Melbourne,  some years back. You very kindly sent me your brass version jig free of charge.I hope you are keeping well and I just had to acknowledge your outstanding contribution to our hobby. Best wishes, Paul Lawrence (Melbourne)

• Like 1