1/8 scale Short nose D Type Jaguar

Roy, one thing you might want to look out for on the screen. On the '56 Le Mans winner, the lower side at the front (nearside) rolled over the top and had fasteners in it to attach a clear tonneau which went back to the fasteners you have on the panels behind the door. This image can be found a number of times

jag_jhr_images_02_120312_LowRes.jpg

just trying to help

Rich

Edited by ptcruiser

That's exactly what I admire about endurance race cars. They got used, brutally, and the winners were the ones with the most bits left chugging along in close formation. None of this "it only has to stay together for an hour or two" business.

Many thanks for the picture Rich.

I do indeed intend adding the clear tonneau and all the little fixings.

Your picture gives a nice view of the rear area though.

There also appears to be some small rivets/studs in the central part of the rear deck - I'll need to look into that and add them.

Roy.

• 2 weeks later...

A short update here.....

I'm still working on the D Type in between the big Citroen, and I've now got the screen surround/support in place.

It's made from fairly thin plasticard cut to the square-ish 'U' shape of the bottom of the screen, and then folded into a (roughly) 120 degree angle, in fairly hot water.

It was then clamped, glued and allowed to dry, short section at a time until I had worked my round the whole screen.

It will need some fine sanding and smoothing, then painting.

I'll take the white protective film off the screen MUCH later on - maybe last of all.

I've laid it on the car as a test fit and so far all is ok.

It will eventually be screwed down through the frame into the body at 5 points using miniature Pocher screws and the remaining 30+ 'rivets' will be drilled and pinned with 5mm cut off dressmakers pins.

Roy.

P1010114%202_zpspp3cwoft.jpg

P1010115%202_zpsq0cp6qhk.jpg

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 1