MH 60 Academy SeaHawk. 1/35 scale.

Rick

Did not repaint.just added a bit of flat earth to the edges of the cockpit floor and white drybrushing in some areas.

Oliver

• Like 1

I really have to admire the confidence, artistry and restraint with which you apply colour to your models.....White dry-brushing would be borderline suicidal for someone as cack-handed as me, but you pull it off with aplomb. :worthy:

• Like 1

I really have to admire the confidence, artistry and restraint with which you apply colour to your models.....White dry-brushing would be borderline suicidal for someone as cack-handed as me, but you pull it off with aplomb. :worthy:

I could not said that any better

• 3 weeks later...

Oliver,

I was just sat here wondering what you've been up to recently. Had a quick look on here and found that you're making my favourite airframe! It's also of extra great interest to me as I'm looking to start my Academy HH-60G soon, so your images are of some use to me as potential reference.

Quick question, does your friend that makes the helo figures have a website? Quite interested in seeing what he has.

Thanks

Duane

Ah the irony, someone more talented than you will paint the figures, Oliver there can't be many more talented than you.

Huh..I suck at figures trust me

• Like 1

Oliver, did I spot a certain Huey in the "Coming Next Month" section of the new SAMI today, by any chance?

Yes its mine. I thought it was coming out in August.

Can post a photo of where u saw it.

Oliver

Yes its mine. I thought it was coming out in August.

Can post a photo of where u saw it.

Oliver

F2BD26F7-932F-4896-8E0F-CEC5CDC146CD_zps

Can't seem to get it to rotate 90 degrees! [Edit - now seems to have done so] July edition, with a Tomcat on the cover - so "out in August" is about right. Looking forward to it, and the accolade in their description is well deserved

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Like 2

Can't seem to get it to rotate 90 degrees! July edition, with a Tomcat on the cover - so "out in August" is about right. Looking forward to it, and the accolade in their description is well deserved

Thanks for the photo, I see they flipped the photo and misspelled my last name....oooops.

Cant wait to see the article.

Oliver

Fully deserved the Huey build being in the magazine, although it will be interesting to see how they manage to fit that epic build into just a few pages!

Martin