MH 60 Academy SeaHawk. 1/35 scale.

• 2 weeks later...

totally awesome build, not sure where you find the skill to put in so much detail, very inspiring although I recognise my limitations straight away. please use the following link to my thread I put up on Saturday, some MH-60S photos there, but got so distracted by the other MV-22s etc, that the poor old Seahawks got left out. 

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235015336-uss-makin-island-lhd-8-vmm-163/#comment-2604659

1 hour ago, shark 64 said:

20170128_121145_001_zpsbtwigjkf.jpg

Its stunning Oliver but the flash hider is the wrong way round when I look at the piccie???? Am I missing something?  What are you going to do about the cooling holes for the barrel as well?  Apologies if I'm pickie - I've had to make compromises on my Wokka.  Are you making compromises here?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I'm guessing that's the inside face of the gun.....There's no shell ejection port and the details are different.  :nerd:

Is facing inwards on the full size one and outwards on the build. I was just wondering

I'd guess the shell ejection port would always face outward (it might get a bit scary if it faced the other way), so these gun modules are presumably handed (or always mounted on the right side pylon).....But this really is all guesswork on my part, helicopters are an alien species to me.  ;)

1 minute ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I'd guess the shell ejection port would always face outward (it might get a bit scary if it faced the other way), so these gun modules are presumably handed (or always mounted on the right side pylon).....But this really is all guesswork on my part, helicopters are an alien species to me.  ;)

If it's an ejection port why is it facing inwards in the piccie of the big one above?

i figured it was some kind of flash hider!

It's not:

20170115_175926_zpscvjrmm9q.jpg

The ejection port is the whacking great horizontal rectangular hole at the back of the pod.....On Oliver's pictures of his model this detail is not visible, the shape of the pod-wall and shape/size of the cooling vent ahead of the ejection port are also different.

Oliver doesn't make mistakes like that, QED it's the other side and this is why the flash-hider appears reversed....You are looking at the other side of the gun-pod.  :nerd:

1 minute ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

It's not:

20170115_175926_zpscvjrmm9q.jpg

The ejection port is the whacking great horizontal rectangular hole at the back of the pod.

On Oliver's pictures of his model this detail is not visible, the shape of the pod-wall and shape/size of the cooling vent ahead of the ejection port are also different.....Oliver doesn't make mistakes like that, QED it's the other side.  :nerd:

We are talking about different bits. I'm on about the black hider bit at the front. 

I was was wondering what you were on about re the ejection port!!!!

• Like 1

Yes, I know, but the ejection port or it's absence is the clue which explains why the flash hider appears reversed.....Oliver's pictures of his model depict inner face of the gun-pod. The photo of the real thing shows the outer face. 

Hope this will make clear what I'm trying to explain:

Outer_zpsklme3wj5.jpg

Inner_zpskck2wjdr.jpg

If you look carefully you will notice that the shape of the rear section of the pod is different between photos too.....As I said earlier Oliver just doesn't do mistakes like that!  ;)