MH 60 Academy SeaHawk. 1/35 scale.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 8:22 AM, shortCummins said:

very time I revisit your build thread I see something that I hadn't seen before 

it just gets better and better

rgds

John(shortCummins)

thanks

Great work Shark only one question (curiosity nothing else) Why preshading in brown ? The final effect is good  but why not  eg. blugrey or blackgray.

I repeat the diorama looks fantastic  ,but the cromatic result hurt  my sense of vision(but is only my opinion , maybe live it is harmonious)

Edited by spartacus2000

Hi Shark

thanks, I thought that this was your intention to harmonize the tone of the rest of the scene since there are many details in warm colors like red, and yellow; but as I said, and it is only my personal judgment, I would have detached the helicopter from the context with a decidedly cold tone to make it the protagonist of the diorama.

But anyway BRAVO the details are amazing .

P.S.

I never use pure black too in preshading at most a very dark gray, black just to highlight the particular ones usually my preshading agree very much with the final color tones, touched up anyway by a lot of post and whathering work

Edited by spartacus2000

1 hour ago, spartacus2000 said:

Hi Shark

thanks, I thought that this was your intention to harmonize the tone of the rest of the scene since there are many details in warm colors like red, and yellow; but as I said, and it is only my personal judgment, I would have detached the helicopter from the context with a decidedly cold tone to make it the protagonist of the diorama.

But anyway BRAVO the details are amazing .

P.S.

I never use pure black too in preshading at most a very dark gray, black just to highlight the particular ones usually my preshading agree very much with the final color tones, touched up anyway by a lot of post and whathering work

Your painting techniques are really close to mine..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After 6 years in the making i have finally finished My US Navy helicopter diorama. It was a long build with many mistakes and many redos.

I will take a little break from modeling just to clear my modeling table from left over items that didn't make it to the dio. I am debating between the Mirage 2000 Two seater version from KittyHawk or the Fouga Magister from Daco in 1/32 scale. Thanks everyone for following this build. 

Oliver

20200111_172415_zps87pqjkxv.jpg

20200111_144933_zpsk47nibfy.jpg

FB_IMG_1578178837682_zpst3z9zs2h.jpg

FB_IMG_1578178853260_zpsivc0d3wc.jpg

20200111_172139_zpshnsvqepw.jpg

Edited by shark 64
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2