MH 60 Academy SeaHawk. 1/35 scale.

42 minutes ago, Philbucknall said:

I’m sure it isn’t just me who expected those little figures to start actually moving!! The detail is amazing. I’m genuinely in awe!

Thank you Sir.

• Like 1

Oliver awesome as ever ...absolutely stunning attention to detail.

I do have a question on the tail assembly if you wouldn't mind. Is that an external spline on

the end...if so would that interface with an internal spline on the tail rotor assembly? Also I would assume that just rotating the tail into position would not work it would have rotate and then move forward to engage. Sorry about the question but I'm a retired mechanical designer and I notice stuff like this....it's a sickness. 

All the Best!

Don

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, DJJunis said:

Oliver awesome as ever ...absolutely stunning attention to detail.

I do have a question on the tail assembly if you wouldn't mind. Is that an external spline on

the end...if so would that interface with an internal spline on the tail rotor assembly? Also I would assume that just rotating the tail into position would not work it would have rotate and then move forward to engage. Sorry about the question but I'm a retired mechanical designer and I notice stuff like this....it's a sickness. 

All the Best!

Don

Don.

Huh! I just dont know...its modeling, i did the best i knew how. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, shark 64 said:

Don.

Huh! I just dont know...its modeling, i did the best i knew how. 

Oliver no reflection at all on your modeling which is off the charts.  I just was wondering how it went together on the real thing...thought maybe you may know given all the info you must have to replicate it so well.  Again your modeling is great and I certainly appreciate all of the great detail.  

All the Best!

Don

1 hour ago, DJJunis said:

Oliver no reflection at all on your modeling which is off the charts.  I just was wondering how it went together on the real thing...thought maybe you may know given all the info you must have to replicate it so well.  Again your modeling is great and I certainly appreciate all of the great detail.  

All the Best!

Don

Don,

There is a 6 foot rod that attaches to the folding tail and they swing the tail in place to connect with the fuselage. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just did a catch up (again!) Awesome as always.

I agree with, Don. That huge cog on the tail rotor drive shaft doesn't look right.

It looks too big to fit into the rear part, and there is nothing in the rear part to engage with it?

Most odd.

Pete

I found these. Not brilliant pictures but they make more sense.

http://www.carrierbuilders.net/articles/20050705_SH-60/DSCN0804.JPG

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/Seahawk_with_tail_folded.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The end  is near. After 5 years on this project its time to wrap it up. Took few ext. photos today in the 101 degree southern California weather. I wasnt sure about the fuselage color until i took photos outside. 

20190803_175048_zpstkizf3bb.jpg

20190803_175134_zpsfy3rixex.jpg

20190803_174754_zpsrqq78zmb.jpg

20190803_174604_zpst0w8mkrr.jpg

20190803_174655_zpsilkienxs.jpg

Edited by shark 64
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

You do realise that once you close up all the panels we expect this thing to start up and fly?

Epic!

I reckon Pete has a point. If it wasn’t for the background you could post some of those picture in the Walk Around section and I doubt anybody would notice it wasn’t the real thing.

• Like 1

Oliver,

I have seen quite a bit of modeling and dioramas over my 50 years of modeling. I am especially appreciative of the skill of diorama creation since I do not have such skill.  This display, as well as the previous Huey, is nothing short of amazing. A perfect composition executed perfectly. 

All the Best!

Don

3 hours ago, DJJunis said:

Oliver,

I have seen quite a bit of modeling and dioramas over my 50 years of modeling. I am especially appreciative of the skill of diorama creation since I do not have such skill.  This display, as well as the previous Huey, is nothing short of amazing. A perfect composition executed perfectly. 

All the Best!

Don

Don,

Thanks guys for the kind words, I appreciate that.  This is only my 4th diorama and i am still learning correct placement of the various pieces on the board.  thanks for following.

Oliver

• Like 2