MH 60 Academy SeaHawk. 1/35 scale.

Wow!! I’ve just read all 33 pages and I’m completely gobsmacked at the level of skill here! I’d love to see the huey build if someone can give me a link please? I’ve tried searching but can’t find it anywhere! 

Really looking forward to seeing this one come to fruition but I’ve enjoyed watching it grow to where it is now. Absolutely outstanding!

On 4/16/2019 at 7:36 AM, Philbucknall said:

Wow!! I’ve just read all 33 pages and I’m completely gobsmacked at the level of skill here! I’d love to see the huey build if someone can give me a link please? I’ve tried searching but can’t find it anywhere! 

Really looking forward to seeing this one come to fruition but I’ve enjoyed watching it grow to where it is now. Absolutely outstanding!

thats a lot of pages, thanks for reading them. I cant find the Huey either for some reason. maybe someone here can help..

oliver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 2:55 AM, shark 64 said:

thats a lot of pages, thanks for reading them. I cant find the Huey either for some reason. maybe someone here can help..

oliver

Here's a link to you're Huey build

I was just referring to it again as I have just acquired a Revell boxing of the Academy Huey and was just using your Huey build for reference. The Seahawk is coming along nicely too. Thanks for sharing,

Mark

21 hours ago, FZ6 said:

Here's a link to you're Huey build

I was just referring to it again as I have just acquired a Revell boxing of the Academy Huey and was just using your Huey build for reference. The Seahawk is coming along nicely too. Thanks for sharing,

Mark

cool Mark. A great kit except for that silly gap around the front windshield. please post photos when u can

48 minutes ago, shark 64 said:

cool Mark. A great kit except for that silly gap around the front windshield. please post photos when u can

I’m now trying to catch up on 58 pages of that build too!!! Your work is absolutely stunning matey! Really high quality professional level work. 

i took time to me to read all 33 sites of your build thread, thats impression me much, your love to the details is very awesome, really stunning.

Your scratch works are  incredible , the precision is perfect.

If i do scratch works, the parts are always slanty and wavy, would you like to make a tutorial how you do scratch works please? I am sure the other modellers here want know it too

Edited by Harry Callahan

Aw hell... I just bought the big Academy AH-60L DAP at Hinckley and NOW I see this.:emo:

Shark has raised the bar SO high I need binoculars to even see it! or maybe...🔭

I guess I'll have to think of something unusual to distract viewers from my inevitable failure to get even close to this standard!🤔

Fantastic work, Shark and terrific attention to detail.

Kev

7 hours ago, modelman182 said:

Aw hell... I just bought the big Academy AH-60L DAP at Hinckley and NOW I see this.:emo:

Shark has raised the bar SO high I need binoculars to even see it! or maybe...🔭

I guess I'll have to think of something unusual to distract viewers from my inevitable failure to get even close to this standard!🤔

Fantastic work, Shark and terrific attention to detail.

Kev

thanks Kev.

Be prepared for large gaps to be dealt with the kit.  PE set does help a bit.  You may want to consider the KH kit as well if u have extra money to spend. Good luck with the build. Please post photos. 

6 hours ago, jet-mech said:

Picking jaw off the table top and trying to keep it in place whilst I scroll through the updates. 

Inspired, but also wanting to give up

thanks

25 minutes ago, shark 64 said:

thanks Kev.

Be prepared for large gaps to be dealt with the kit.  PE set does help a bit.  You may want to consider the KH kit as well if u have extra money to spend. Good luck with the build. Please post photos. 

thanks

Thanks Shark. I have a 'cunning plan' (better known as a 'warning' - to those who follow Blackadder 😁) and I consume gaps with consummate ease, but appreciate the info. No room left in my home for any more kits (especially as I have a 1/32nd DH.88 inbound as I type... Note to self: MUST stop BUYING kits!!!!). I really must build something - and SOON! 🙂

I shall get my camera in training for this build - though it may be a little while before I get started on it.

Kev (busy painting the 12th Doctor Who and Friends for my Local Model Shop)

On 18/04/2019 at 02:55, shark 64 said:

oliver

I’m upto page 32 out of 56 on the Huey and I have to say; what absolutely stunning work! Simply stunning. Like others have said; I would fully expect it to work if you fuelled her up! 

I’ve just finished my first model after an eight year hiatus and compared to this it looks like it was built by a blind five year old epileptic mid seizure and then painted by a blind monkey having a rage!!😳 I was going to post the results here, well, not here but britmodeller...think I’ll wait til I’m more proficient!! Keep up the good work Sir; I’m off to read the last 26 pages or so now!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 9:50 AM, Philbucknall said:

I’m upto page 32 out of 56 on the Huey and I have to say; what absolutely stunning work! Simply stunning. Like others have said; I would fully expect it to work if you fuelled her up! 

I’ve just finished my first model after an eight year hiatus and compared to this it looks like it was built by a blind five year old epileptic mid seizure and then painted by a blind monkey having a rage!!😳 I was going to post the results here, well, not here but britmodeller...think I’ll wait til I’m more proficient!! Keep up the good work Sir; I’m off to read the last 26 pages or so now!

Please post your results of your build. U should see my models when i got back into modeling. I made plenty of huge mistakes and messed up several paintjobs. I got better by learning from all the modelers posting their stuff here. 

• Like 1

@shark 64 thanks for the vote of confidence. I did pluck up the courage and posted my F-15 in the RFI section. I think the only bit I was reasonably chuffed with was the metal effects and even they are rudimentary at best😂 I keep looking at posts like yours and I am definitely picking up tips and tricks so I hope my next one(s) a tamiya 1/48 P-51D and a MiG-29 reflect that and are better

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Philbucknall said:

@shark 64 thanks for the vote of confidence. I did pluck up the courage and posted my F-15 in the RFI section. I think the only bit I was reasonably chuffed with was the metal effects and even they are rudimentary at best😂 I keep looking at posts like yours and I am definitely picking up tips and tricks so I hope my next one(s) a tamiya 1/48 P-51D and a MiG-29 reflect that and are better

u bet.

On 5/22/2019 at 9:24 PM, shark 64 said:

Thanks for the advice I’ll keep that in mind. Will post some photos when I’ve done a bit more on it.