MH 60 Academy SeaHawk. 1/35 scale.

Love your builds, but this is by far the best yet! Think I've said that before... Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Maybe another year till finished project.

This was started last September

Thanks. I'm trying to do new stuff.

I messed the interior ...badly warped cockpit floor won't fit in fuselage..I did not check after I was finished with it..my mistake.

Remaking the interior cockpit..

I tried to fix it but it's pushing on the back of the cabin wall and messing up all the scratchbuilding above the cabin roof.

20160501_163815_zps73azj2nm.jpg

Edited by shark 64
  • Like 1

I messed the interior ...badly warped cockpit floor won't fit in fuselage..I did not check after I was finished with it..my mistake.

I tried to fix it but it's pushing on the back of the cabin wall and messing up all the scratchbuilding above the cabin roof.

I'm glad its not just me! That is pretty much where I ended up, although I've not had to re-start some of the Wokka. I guess that is the risk with scratch building so extensively, and the problem is test fitting gives you some reassurance, but at some point you run the risk of things not fitting. On the bright side, Academy look like they turn out better molds than Trumpter!

Oh my giddy Aunt, do you mean you're building a whole new rear cabin floor area as well as the pilots area?, and was that a subtle message in the rear of the photo.

You must have the patience of a Saint !!! I take my hat off to you as you've more determination than me to simply sit back and start again.

Keep going it's a brilliant piece of work.

John

I'm glad its not just me! That is pretty much where I ended up, although I've not had to re-start some of the Wokka. I guess that is the risk with scratch building so extensively, and the problem is test fitting gives you some reassurance, but at some point you run the risk of things not fitting. On the bright side, Academy look like they turn out better molds than Trumpter!

Watch out for the front windscreen, had massive trouble joining the top of the doors to the clear roof piece with massive gaps either side. All fitted nicely before glue was applied as is usually the case with my models. My seahawk might be the first to take flight (out of the window) been a long hard fight with it and have nothing but admiration for your skills and patience. Keep up the good work

Watch out for the front windscreen, had massive trouble joining the top of the doors to the clear roof piece with massive gaps either side. All fitted nicely before glue was applied as is usually the case with my models. My seahawk might be the first to take flight (out of the window) been a long hard fight with it and have nothing but admiration for your skills and patience. Keep up the good work

Hi

Thanks for the warning on the windshield.

This kit is fighting me every inch of the build. I had heard it was challenging but I do plan to win the fight.

Thanks for the kind words.

Oliver

20160501_163815_zps73azj2nm.jpg

Jeesz, after so mutch work back at square one! Keep in mind that you inspired me to do a lot of extra work to the cabin, using some of your techniques. So far it goes well for me and I love building the seahawk. I'm at the part that I'm gonna replace the hinges on the rotor for the ones I received from Shapeways. Are you now using a PE ground plate?

Edited by Rapie

Jeesz, after so mutch work back at square one! Keep in mind that you inspired me to do a lot of extra work to the cabin, using some of your techniques. So far it goes well for me and I love building the seahawk. I'm at the part that I'm gonna replace the hinges on the rotor for the ones I received from Shapeways.

Always happy to hear that I can inspire you on your build. I wish the hinges were available when I cut all the blades hinges from the kit..please post your progress. I am using the PE as ground plate.

Edited by shark 64

There you go, no one would ever have known you had had a problem with that cabin floor. Nice recovery.

Martin

• 4 weeks later...

Be aware of the included decal set. They are awful! I'm at the stage of finishing this model but they simply won't stick without the use of set. They certainly don't conform even with the use of sol.

Nevertheless it ended up being a very nice model, thanks for your ideas in this.