1/700 Battleship Hiei at anchor

Hello Shipmates

Here is the Fujimi 1/700 IJN battleship Hiei with Fujimi PE set and Veteran Models turret set. I imagine it at a warm anchorage somewhere off the coast of China perhaps?

Originally a battlecruiser based on the Royal Navy Lion/Tiger class. Probably these Kongo class ships were the most useful and used heavy units in the IJN.

The Hiei was named after a mountain near Kyoto (which I have visited) and sunk at Guadalcanal in 1942.

IMG_0072_zpsdc25a28e.jpg

IMG_0092_zpsdd1cdc75.jpg

IMG_0093_zps6496c748.jpg

IMG_0099_zps7e5a79b2.jpg

IMG_0100_zps738ef540.jpg

Been at it on and off since 2011!

Andrew

• Like 25

Thanks for the information, Andrew.

Since posting (of course! Duh!), I found the skinny on both versions at HobbySearch -pics of contents, instructions, the works. Yeah, they look about the same. Also, the p/e set seems to be included in some boxings.

I'd love to try a change of scene from aircraft with something like this -I had been considering a Skywave/Pit Road Kagero Class, but the tall and dangerous design of this leviathan is deeply charismatic...

Once again, magnificent work!

Edited by AngstROM

Dear All

I tend to go in a slow merry-go-round from tanks to aircraft to ships. Don't know why Japanese warships are so charismatic but not unnaturally Japanese companies like Fujimi pull out all the stops with 'their own'.

Am currently working my way through the triple deck Akagi of 1929, which is seriously wierd. Can't wait to start on an air group of 1/700 biplanes!

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...