1/72 Vampire T11 (Build 11 is SPEEDY build T11)

Only one more build till my dozen and I can stop bothering everyone with my counting. :)

Modelling time was getting short after my IDF Spitfire, so I decided to bang out a no-nonsense, OOB build of a shake and bake kit with no added extras that I could do as quickly as possible. The new mold Airfix Vampire seemed to fit the bill. :hmmm:

In this case, although spread out over two weeks, time expended could certainly fill a long weekend for me.

The only thing to slow me down (related to modelling), was the application of the Humbrol acrylic 205 Fluorescent orange, which had to be spayed on in multiple very thin coats.

Done as a reasonably clean bird, and here she is, with a friend in the last picture which is my Build 2 from last year, the Airfix Gnat. You've seen billions of these things on here, so maybe for my build 12, I'll find something a bit more esoteric, and in 1/72nd scale of course. Like my old eyes aren't complaining or anything. :weep:;)

So check her out.. go ho hum, and move on to something more interesting. Like beer. :cheers:

• Like 25

GEEZ !!! That is very RESPLENDENTLY built Vampire. :heart::heart:

It is IMMACULATE & IMPECCABLE as is your GNAT.

Both look quite SPLENDID and each one compliments the other . GRAND scheme and both are most STUNNING.

one ...oops..two to be proud of I..R. :wow::yahoo:

BRAVO. :mike:

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. Once again.. All appreciated. :)

GEEZ !!! That is very RESPLENDENTLY built Vampire. :heart: :heart:

It is IMMACULATE & IMPECCABLE as is your GNAT.

Both look quite SPLENDID and each one compliments the other . GRAND scheme and both are most STUNNING.

one ...oops..two to be proud of I..R. :wow::yahoo:

BRAVO. :mike:

hehe. :banghead::thumbsup:

Contratulations Jonathan, a real little stunner, I do like the clarity of your canopy and the pics. Thanks for sharing them.

Colin

Cheers Colin.... And I'm thinking the reason for the canopy is an answer to a question a few lines below. :)

Both are stunning, what did you use to thin the humbrol acrylic for spraying? I've never been able to get it to spray properly.

Thank you. :) All I'm using is a bit of tap water. The acrylic is very thin for spraying at this point, and I have to mist it on over a white base until I get the density I want. Which takes a while because it's SO thin. I don't like spraying t he stuff TBH. Thick enough to cover in a couple of coats means it doesn't spray properly, and thin enough to spray means it is water like in its consistency. Bleugh! :lol:

great job and great photos

can you tell us a bit more about your photo set up?

Thank you. :)

I have a colorama vinyl background sheet used for product shots set up as a mini infinity curve.

Over this I hang a Canon speedlight in an Lastolite Ezybox softbox horizontally across the shooting area using a boom stand.

Then I add another speed light in a Westcott Rapid Box Octa softbox at model level. White card is sometimes added if I want to even out the light a bit more.

Basically an updated version of THIS set-up.

8576192819_e0c29bcaf6_o.jpgSetup01 by IrritableRabbit, on Flickr

Lovely. Airfix's T11 can be tricky in parts but you've done it justice for sure. Your canopies are enviably clear and shiny... how do you do that? Cheers, Dave.

Thank you Dave. :)

Partially its the dipping in Klear type of thing, except I don't have Klear so I use Alclad Aqua Gloss. Which is pretty good for dipping and as a general gloss coat. :) Then Its just luck that I don't mess it up handling and painting. :D

The other VERY important part is my lighting when I shoot the pictures, because although clean, it just looks better in the pictures. :coolio:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So now you have gotten your EFFULGENT DOZEN done... :wicked:

Is the next years goal BAKERS DOZEN... :evil_laugh:

:thumbsup:

No Pressure then!? :fight::lol:

How about a Sappy Seven? Slimey Six? Or a Freaky Five? Might manage five next year. :banghead:

This is possibly the best build I have seen of this kit, superb job!

Thank you.. But I'm sure that can't be possible! :lol :