1/48 GWH F-15DJ, Hiko Kyodotai Agressor Squadron

Hi,

This is my GWH F-15B/D Eagle finished as an F-15DJ of the J.S.D.A.F. Hiko Kyodotai Agressor Squadron using DXM's excellent decals.

F-15%2B1.jpg

F-15%2B2.jpg

I am truly impressed by the 'like a glove' fit on this GWH kit. I have not used any putty at all, only careful gluing and some Mr.Surfacer.

f-15%2B4.jpg

It only let me down installing the engines as they for unknown reasons were simply 1 mm to long. Probably due to me not dry fitting them... The gap on the canopy is simply because it is not glued.

F-15%2B5.jpg

After some masking...finished with Gunze acrylics and Aclad2, weathered with Ammo and AK.

F-15%2B6.jpg

It is an OOB build with just a few scratch build details on the nose, in the cockpit and on the bang-seats, some wires on the landing gears and drilling and plastic card on the weapon pylons.

F-15%2B7.jpg

Weapons and ALQ-131 togheter with the slightly modified pilots are Haswgawa.

F-15%2B8.jpg

F-15%2B3.jpg

Thanks for looking :bye:

//Fred

• Like 32

Really nice job you've done on this, I've got the Hasegawa little brother of this one, but the amount of processes involved in painting etc are putting me off a little!

Love the alclad work on the bare metal parts, and the weathering is just right IMO.

Rich

Thank you for all the kind words.

@ somnas Yes, it is a bit expensive compared to others, but it felt like a new generation to me. I was lucky and got a discount due to a damaged box.

@ Rich G Don't let the masking put you off. It is all straight lines and my guess is that the mechanics have painted the plane, so it is quite an easy camo after all. I used Tamiya tape and their sheet with support lines.

@ Julien I like the DMX decals, they are very thin so let them soak properly. I damaged one of the national markings (top left wing) but managed to put the parts together. They form very well over details and I only finished them with a little setting solution when almost dry. Will use the brand again.

Speaking of brand. I agree with Snitok 1893, there are new alternatives out there and in my opinion this kit deliver. I also like the plastic as you can 'force' it a little when needed.

Cheers!

/Fred

• Like 1

Hang The DJ!!! That is really beautiful; I really like JASDF Aggressors even if there's a lifetime of decalling involved. Yours has what must be the most demanding scheme, but it certainly paid off - :goodjob: all round!