Pair of 1/144 buses (BA and LX)

My first foray into civil airliners. I started with the BA A319 (WIP tread here... WIP). I then did an A320 in Swiss livery, which I just finished.

I managed to get the A320 built and primed in about 24 hours. But then it took another 10-14 days of painting and decals. I am not as skilled as some, still learning as I go. Still have issues getting windows perfectly straight etc.

I think I am going to give my eyes a break from the tiny and intricate 1/144 and go back to military 1/48 for my next build.

p11_zps264f2513.png

p14_zps43fdb952.png

p12_zps7c6126f5.png

p13_zps8c7893cd.png

Edited by richie894
  • Like 6

My favourite kind of busses. Before you abandon the tiny and intricate, you could consider a 747 or A350.

Nice corroguard action on the wings.

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

My favourite kind of busses. Before you abandon the tiny and intricate, you could consider a 747 or A350.

Nice corroguard action on the wings.

Cheers,

Mike

I actually have a 747-8f in my stash and some BA World Cargo decals. At least with a freighter there are not tons of window decals to be applied!

I gave up on the Xtracolor - after it erupted in my kitchen. The ceiling still bears the scars.

I now use rattlecans, and for corroguard found a colour called "Stone Grey" which I like. I buy it at OSH ( Orchard Supply Hardware) but think they are largely limited to California.

Cheers,

Mike