LPG Bruntingthorpe gain a new Lightning... XR713

Radleigh

Taken off the wonderful Facebook, English Electric Lightning Appreciation Group. Facebook Group here.

Just to let everyone know that the Lightning Preservation Group have won F3 XR713 from Leuchars!
Due to Wattisham Station Heritage being unable to accept her, she will be coming to Bruntingthorpe.
We felt that although Wattisham had withdrawn, we were duty bound to bid for her.
It has however left a big hole in the finances, but if all of the 2283 Members on here were able to just give a £1 each that would make up the shortfall.
So go the link on the LPG page please, and donate now.
I will update the page re- its destination a.s.a.p. Thanks Chris.
http://www.lightnings.org.uk/

Good news if you ask me!

• Like 1

Think so, but it's also been outside since the late 80's! So it's going to need a lot of TLC to become a runner... that's my understanding anyway. I'm not sure what their plans are yet..

Would be great if they could get it running, if anyone can it's the LPG.

I've donated a few quid at their site via PayPal and urge fellow BM ers to

do the same.After all we all love the Lightning !

Very generous of those who have donated - I'm donating a signed copy of my book no 713/2000 to the group to raise funds - if anyone else wants a copy either go to www.firestreakbooks.com or drop me a message ! Ian

Ian Black, that name rings a bell. . ( loud click )

OMG ! not that Ian Black surely ?

• Like 1

Very generous of those who have donated - I'm donating a signed copy of my book no 713/2000 to the group to raise funds - if anyone else wants a copy either go to www.firestreakbooks.com or drop me a message ! Ian

Did you find this through my reply on Facebook? Welcome to the forum though! :)

• Like 1

Sad to see it leave Leuchars, it was in a real sorry state when I worked on the base, as for motors I think she was striped, same as cockpit, she was tided up a while ago with a new heavy coat of High Speed Silver to make her look pretty, she's in the right hands now to be looked after.

Darren