Aoshima Spectrum Saloon Car - Completed!

Picked this up at the Abingdon show yesterday:

DSC_1966.JPG

and its such a complex kit (ahem!) that I HAD to start it immediately even thoguh I'm a long way through my Wingnut Wings DH2!! So here is the contents of the box - I don't know how they packed it all in ... it was so crammed I had to take the main body shell out (you'll notice that painting has begin)

DSC_1965.JPG

and here is the incredibly complicated instructions:

DSC_1969.JPG

DSC_1968.JPG

So its pretty obvious that the most complex part of the build is the mechanism for the two spring lodaded missiles that fire through the front headlights... sigh...

So disregarding that particular brand of silliness, the holes in the bonnet of the body shell have been filled. Then the rest of the body shell got a bit of a polishing ready for some alcad gloss black and then this evening it got chrome sprayed on the bits that will be chromed:

DSC_1964.JPG

The wheel hubs have also been chromed and will receive their rubber tyres when the alcad has fully cured. Tomorrow I'll mask the window frames and the other chrome highlights in prep for the red paint. I think I'll probably stick with Tamiya gloss red rather than mess about with alcad reds.

Not planning anything particularly fancy of clever on this one, just build a simple little kit.

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to complete this on Monday just in time for the monthly club meeting. i can't honestly say this is one of my best models, the paintwork is a bit rough in a couple of places. I also experimented with using gator glue to fix the window transparencies in place and discovered that Gator glue foams up and expands when drying so there are a coupel of spots where its squeezed out of gaps.

I added some wire for the door handles and the antenna, plus some stick on gems for the rear lights and behind the front headlight transparencies. The Spectrum logo decal went on without any problems, the other decals were redundant so I didn't use them.

Anyway, here are some photos:

DSC_2007.JPG

DSC_2004.JPG

DSC_2006.JPG

DSC_2003.JPG

For a very quick build, its good enough however :)

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 9

That is lovely, really impressive!

Its a very accurate representation of the studio model :)

Shame they haven't done the same for the SPV & MSV :(

Its a nice rendition and as you say quite faithful to the original. I've got the Imai version in the stash along with the SPV and MSV so maybe in the new year I might get round to having a go at them!