Stripy Lightning

And that concludes the entries for the groupbuild. However, I have another one to show you, if you'll indulge me.

This is an F2A which was started when the Airfix kit was originally released. For some reason it fell into the doldrums and looked to be relegated to the Shelf of Shame until this GB came along and gave me a much needed KUTA.

It was originally intended to be a blue-finned NMF jet from 92 Sqn. However, as all my builds in this GB were NMF jets, I gave it a quick squirt of Dark Green and now it is from 19 Sqn using the kit decals.

This scheme just has something about it. Lightnings always look good, but the RAFG scheme is a bit special. Just imagine being a Fitter crossing the Inner German Border at low level and meeting one of these. That's your whole day ruined. Good luck outrunning it...!

F2A-01.jpg

F2A-02.jpg

F2A-03.jpg

F2A-04.jpg

F2A-05.jpg

This is not eligible for entry in the GB Gallery.

• Like 4

Family portrait time! :)

These are my entries from this thread.

019.jpg

And this is my instant Lightning collection! This time last month I had no completed Lightnings in my collection. Now I have half a dozen! Livin' in a Golden Age, I'm tellin ya! :D

020.jpg

But I still need more... Grey jets are conspicuous by their absence. It also needs a totally NMF jet without a coloured fin and maybe one with overwing tanks. I'm thinking a 56 Sqn jet configured for a ferry flight to an APC in Cyprus would work for the latter.

Typical, eh? Never satisfied! :lol:

• Like 7

It took me the same length of time to finish one! Really nice (instant) collection you have made and it is hard to pick out a favourite but I really am looking desperately for evidence of the OCU having loaned out a T'bird in the red/white colour scheme to the Leuchars Lighting squadrons so I can add one to my collection. (they did loan out a couple of T5's to 74 Sqn and earlier a couple of T4's to 23 Sqn so maybe I'll get one yet).

Duncan B

• Like 1

I really am looking desperately for evidence of the OCU having loaned out a T'bird in the red/white colour scheme to the Leuchars Lighting squadrons so I can add one to my collection.

I bet one of 'em had a landaway at Leuchars. Would that count?

• Like 1

Fantastic set of Lightnings Enzo :thumbsup:

...I really am looking desperately for evidence of the OCU having loaned out a T'bird in the red/white colour scheme to the Leuchars Lighting squadrons so I can add one to my collection. (they did loan out a couple of T5's to 74 Sqn and earlier a couple of T4's to 23 Sqn so maybe I'll get one yet).

Perhaps one participated in an airshow at Leuchars?

• Like 2

Col. that is a definite, I have pictures of them at the Leuchars Open day (1965 IIRC) so I could sneak one in that way. That would open up my builds to all sorts of interesting stuff, F101's, Scimitars, oh the list is huge!

DB

• Like 2