Just a small update, as you can see I'm having a go a weathering the loco, I found a page on the net on how to do it so thought I would give it a go. I've used a couple of watered down pigment washes using light European light dust and Russian earth, when water marks are done using concrete pigments. It's a little Wip it's self as I wipe bits off and add a little more.

Any train weathering tips would be much appreciated.

d929139ed1f08db4f2ec7c54343589e7_zps6nv1

Nealy finished

Ozzy

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 3

The weathering on the train is looking good so far. I'm afraid I can't offer any advice - I'm still learning about weathering in general and possibly don't do enough at times. I will definitely be interested to see your final model.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

I will definitely be interested to see your final model.

Kind regards,

Stix

So would I! Then I can clear the decks for the BoB GB.

Ozzy

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I've not forgotten, about this project.

I built this today, I'm going to finish it by using a tarpaulin. It went together pritty quickly, with no major problems.

2a2767ac8beb7358f4ce6bf79a0f6a39_zpsvbnj

Here it is placed on the base, at first i thought it looked a little overcrowded, but it's growing on me.

ff84be7bdcd9df1bb3b6cc70fa0454ec_zpskpx1

I've also printed out a back ground, once we have a sunny day with no wind. I will take some photos outside.

• Like 3

Nice Ozzy. Definately not overcrowded. You've had what I'd call a Bob Ross moment; and we all know how his work ended up. :D

Thanks mate, it's definitely growing on me.

Hi Ozzy. I agree with Bodmin - I think extras and added clutter often make dioramas come to life. Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy. I agree with Bodmin - I think extras and added clutter often make dioramas come to life. Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

Thanks Stix,

I think Going to finish the gondola with a tarp over it, and maybe some buffers at the other end then it will call it finished, I think.

Ozzy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So it's not all about the BoB GB, I've put the Tarp on the gondola.

I found a piece of lining in town for a pound, prushed PVA glue on it to give it some rigidity the air brushed it. Positioned it on then got my needle and thread out.

e3fc2a65729d71f9005cc9431be38ed3_zpsxfpo

26f8197a28902ba6417eeac8d7f85d5c_zps7iz1

I did this figure a few weeks ago, just to add a little more.

29bc1c4390244275caeee091d6f8d5e9_zpsueps

Hopefully get some paint on the bottom half, a bit of weathering then finished.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The tarp and new figure look really good Ozzy. I really love the atmosphere you're creating here. Great stuff!!

Thanks Stix,

I've been after a figure with a dog for a while, walked into my local model shop and there was one there. I'm not sure if that's it as a new company from China have released a platformwagen, and tamiya have released their panther A. I just need to find out if this mew platformwagen fits trumperter tracks.

http://www.sabremodel.com/products.html

I'm not sure if that's it as a new company from China have released a platformwagen, and tamiya have released their panther A. I just need to find out if this new platformwagen fits trumperter tracks.[/url]

It would certainly be good if it did!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Not much movement lately, however hopefully I will kick start the progress soon, I've just ordered Sabre models Platformwagen from Hannants. As a bit of a Christmas present then hopefully I'll get dragons panzer IV H with molded zimmermit, to sit on top of it. Then it will defently be finished, as I will have no room on the board.

I'll get some photos of the finished gondla soon.

• Like 1

Some photos of the finished gondla, I wish I had put the transfers on first as it was a bit of nightmare to fit them under the thread.

c563e532d87a04a96e351a7caddf7e29_zpsxmqp

4fd5f24e90095587c3cf7a85eabd7a2d_zpsdqzo

• Like 2

That does look great Ozzy! I can see why those decals were a little.........er.........'difficult' to apply!! Oh well - at least they're on! And I look forward to following your progress with the Panzer IV.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

That does look great Ozzy! I can see why those decals were a little.........er.........'difficult' to apply!! Oh well - at least they're on! And I look forward to following your progress with the Panzer IV.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

I just need to find a Panzer IV, as they seem to be a little rare. Hopefully my local model shop will come up trumps, the platformwagen is on back order with Hannants. So hopefully I will have somthing to do over Christmas.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Not a lot going since the move over, still waiting for both kits. however in the lull in battle I've been doing a little research on the panzer IV, I found this book and it also came with transfers. This is the tank I'm going to do.

80a7e05dcb993550c03c75436ecb58b2_zpsssbf

Hopefully my kits will turn up soon.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It's finally arrived, ands it's got the metal wheels.

775163b73777ed8955532d70d69c87a8_zpsvaby

It fits the trumperter tracks, this was my biggest worry as I've been told that dragon kits don't fit these tracks. Luckily Sabre models do.

1380c72360f5c83e8a7b15e17c4672ad_zpsgp7d

A start it looks very trumperter, however the build is a little different as with the trumperter kit the planking was dropped into the frame. The planking on this one is an integral part of the build, so I'm going to use it as a template and build around then cut my coffee sticks to size and hopefully look ok.

49092c639149ac5f93f1e084de4da2de_zpstxmb

• Like 3

Blimey that took its time arriving, looks like it was worth the wait though.

Your telling me, I gave up waiting for Hannants and found it on Amazon the beginning of April. It's a first edition kit with the metal wheels and it came all the way from China, with no import tax and it was cheaper. It's building nicely, just waiting for the Panzer IV to turn up now.

A small update, the main structure is built, there are just some small bits to add.

9dcf78b6414d744eb60873c871bcb389_zpsqiy7

From a different angle, a little planking to do now

29896f682795a0d0712386727c08dc1e_zpsb8ra

Not sure if I'm going to use this, I did think I would have the Panzer IV driving onto the platformwagen?

5e6609d777e6504f95fe6016d34676fe_zpsfpm3

• Like 3