Had a good go at the ground work, I used One of AK interactive weathering sets, and some of taymia's flat black.

b0ccf27128bfb0f058c95519cb1a0620_zpsb4me

I used the engine oil all over the base to give it a grimmey look, just need to give it a more Matt look.

d4dc84d17669d020309b4a0dfbe26987_zps7bif

The grass tufts are from Joefix, I added them for a bit of colour.

b2ad11a87c45cfdb6fbba9adc8922ff6_zpswmda

Edited by Ozzy

Got round to putting the decals on the SSYMS 80, it was the first time I have used Micro

Sol, what a fantastic product. I found the Trumperter decals a little bit annoying as they took a while to dislodge and then they wouldn't move off the backing, I found a method to get them onto the model and got there in the end.

0ede461ea414da750b25fc0984dba39c_zpsbjq8

I also painted the wheels and leaf springs, I weathered the whole thing with a pot of pigments I had lying around, so can't nail what is in it, apart from they are mig products.

5a5b934b8d5132f236bf87a3cb14a7a4_zpsy1ic

I have done the weathering now I just need to make it look a bit grimmey with an oil was and some other AK interactive products I have.

2f1392bfb268a551b142e41237e4032b_zpsb4yl

3ff9c255c1aef14742952c74b456068f_zps7tro

The decals once they were moved into position look really good and are all legible.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Getting there, just need to weather the tiger, then the BR 86 to go, the decals are from bison, for a grossdeutschland command tank, I had to use a C to make the 0, masked it off and painted black line to make it look like a zero.

c73d84c6ad41a5f9a04e8c393317d348_zpsgir8

3f248d513b20077eb8bae2ee5d96d9d3_zpsx2zm

• Like 1

Aw man, how come I missed your latest posts? It looks great Ozzy. Finished ages ago by my standards ,

Thanks mate, a little bit further to go yet,nealy finished.

I found this picture of the same train a little further. I'm going to recreate the WC with some coffee stirrers. I have also noticed that they aren't telegraph poles but lighting posts, so need to re jig those with some scratch built lamp shades. The tank is one of the HQ tanks in 9th company in Romania 1944.

4f7f6d3f6b3cf4cfaa3893d806d98b02_zps3c50

Edited by Ozzy

• 2 weeks later...

Mmh..I guess that distance between the tracks is half a track gauge to narrow. When You would not have placed the toilet between the tracks I would not have notice it. But it can alson be seen on the photo. In trainstations the distance between the centerline of the tracks shoul be around 3,1*track gauge (4,5 m). If the adjacent is a side track, the distance is nearly 1 m more.

Sorry for that, but I had designed to much tracks at work for that.

Edited by Mixvs Minimax

Looking really good...

Thanks James

Mmh..I guess that distance between the tracks is half a track gauge to narrow. When You would not have placed the toilet between the tracks I would not have notice it. But it can alson be seen on the photo. In trainstations the distance between the centerline of the tracks shoul be around 3,1*track gauge (4,5 m).

Sorry for that, but I had designed to much tracks at work for that.

Thanks Mixvs Minimax

Yeah your right unfortunately my shelf space dictated the width of the base. The toilet was not originally planned, it was a bit of flash to bang, it was when I placed it onto the base I noticed it mite be a bit tight. Thanks for you attention to detail.

Edited by Ozzy

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small update. I have fixed all the crew in place, for their journey. I was watching the great escape last week, and until now I didn't realise that the trains used were BR 86's, it spurred me on to start weathering the loco. My grand plan was to have it all finished by the Salisbury model show, which is next weekend. And put it in the open competition, however I don't think I would have finished it by then and work has got in the way meaning I won't be in the country to go. It will be finished by the 10th of July so I can clear the decks for the BoB GB.

fc1ed18eeab61d5e37b556ee68bfd251_zpspfnh

91dca3c9bafde2cf0c791ffa17c6cdb2_zpslnaf

9ef628748deea013b04352c2a49a0324_zpsgewc

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 4

This really does look amazing. Great Job!

J :goodjob:

Thanks modelfreak glad to have you along.

Great work Ozzy. Pity it wasn't finished by this weekend, I could have took it and claimed it was mine!

Thanks Bodmin, yeah I'm a little gutted not to be going on Saturday. Nobody would have ever known. Edited by Ozzy

Excellent progress Ozzy. Very impressive idea which you have brought to life superbly! :thumbsup:

At some point I'm going to have to try making a 1/35 Tiger.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Excellent progress Ozzy. Very impressive idea which you have brought to life superbly! :thumbsup:

At some point I'm going to have to try making a 1/35 Tiger.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks, Stix

I dont think I could have got the same effect in 1/72, now that's a real art.

There are lots of tigers out there, i find them an enjoyable subject to model as there are loads of photos for inspiration.

Regards ozzy

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

Thanks Ozzy - I'm going to have to save up some pennies first - but one day! I've got your build bookmarked for ideas when I do get around to one, so thank you for sharing.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Thanks Ozzy - I'm going to have to save up some pennies first - but one day! I've got your build bookmarked for ideas when I do get around to one, so thank you for sharing.

Kind regards,

Stix

Stix,

If you have any tiger questions on 1/35 tigers? I've built a number of different makes now, feel free to ask any questions.

For bargin kits, you should check out the for sale section of the site, I've got a few kits for knocked down prices, intact I got the locomotive through this site and it was almost half price.

Regards

Ozzy

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

Stix,

If you have any tiger questions on 1/35 tigers? I've built a number of different makes now, feel free to ask any questions.

For bargin kits, you should check out the for sale section of the site, I've got a few kits for knocked down prices, intact I got the locomotive through this site and it was almost half price.

Regards

Ozzy

Hi Ozzy,

Thank you - I'm a newbie at this tank game and know I will need all the help I can get when I get to the larger kits! And sounds like a good idea about checking out the sale section.

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1