Revell 1/144 Lightning F.Mk.6 - Introducing Fg. Off L.E. Gless

I was able to get a couple of coats Dark Green on this afternoon, just before the rain moved in. Another masking session later tonight and then I can try and get some silver on over the next couple of days. It is going to be touch and go but I'm still looking to drag this one across the finishing line.

CIMG2996_zps1ce13cf6.jpg

CIMG2998_zps0d7bbf72.jpg

Does anybody know how far the exercise markings extended on the leading edges of the wings/elevators. They appear to be small red patches towards the tip on the reference I have but I'm not sure how far back they go.

• Like 3

Can't believe it's 1/144, looks fantastic :)

It really does John!

Cheers guys.

Things are coming together now, I've got the silver on earlier just all the ancillaries to paint up, decals to add and then see about mounting this before Sunday.

• Like 2

Approaching the end now. I have added the kit decals but they are a little on the thick side so I will have to do some more work to get them to settle down and try and reduce the silvering. I used Xtradecal stripes to create the wing walkway lines the and these have gone on really well. It was a little tricky getting them to curve round at the top but with the use of plenty of Micro Sol I got them there in the end.

The canopy and nose cone have to be painted, then the re-fuelling and pitot need to be added before I mount it on a base. Somewhere in between now and Sunday I also have to make a trip to the LHS for some satin varnish.

CIMG3001_zps9176e819.jpg

CIMG3002_zpsec625675.jpg

CIMG3003_zpsbda41e34.jpg

• Like 2

OK, I'm calling this done for this GB, added the last little bits this morning. It still needs a wash to pick out some of the detail and a coat of satin varnish but I won't have time to get that done today. So here she is as she stands now, hope you like it, I've had a lot fun putting it together.

CIMG3006_zpse503e287.jpg

Thanks for looking in, and well done to all those who have taken part. There are a lot of fantastic models in the gallery.

• Like 3

Thank you very much for your kind comments guys. I just wish that I'd had the time to do a grey version but hey-ho it gives me an excuse to keep searching for another and hopefully one day a companion may appear.

I'm glad that you have enjoyed watching it come together Cookie, as I have said I enjoyed putting it together and it has pushed my scratchbuilding boundaries out a little more.

Cheers again.

• Like 2