Airfix 1/72 Blenheim Mk.1 57 Sqn. 1938 Evergreen owns me.

Blastvader

I thought the kit looked a bit bare there. That will do nicely!

Regards,

Adrian

Well it was your lovely turrets on your Wimpy that were the inspiration. I've got the Trumpeter one and am following your build with great interest. :)

As such I thought I'd get some practice in somewhere they couldn't really be seen. I know it's not perfectly to scale, and it's more an impression than a slavish rendition. But it should look pretty good when its in and painted up.

Cheers,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Well building has stalled somewhat. Due in part to the fact that it would seem that my poor modelling skills have left the wing leading and trailing edges in a poor state as I didn't test for enough before adding glue, so that's pee'd me off a bit. Sanding stuff is possibly my least favourite thing in the world.

Also, I'm moving house in a week and then there's the fact that I'm off with the TA for a couple of weeks after that. I'd be surprises if this is finished before the deadline if I'm honest. If it's not I have serious doubts it ever shall be as I've a baby due in February. But we'll see, and here's hoping :)

Cheers,

Paul

I'd be surprises if this is finished before the deadline if I'm honest. If it's not I have serious doubts it ever shall be as I've a baby due in February. But we'll see, and here's hoping :)

Be optimistic, maybe it's hysterical pregnancy.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So, it's a bit crap

No it's not, it's excellent. Tiny things are hard to make. Round things are hard to make. Straight things are hard to make. Yours does all of those at once and gets all the parallel bits parallel in two different planes.

Really nice work, you should ditch the self-deprecation though :)

Will

• Like 1

• 1 month later...