Trying out some different finishes on my RG recently. I don't like the blue eye lenses (back to red again, I think) but the highlights are quite pleasing. What do you think, guys?

Moda_zpsc55f1f0c.jpg

Modc_zpsb6646398.jpg

Modb_zps2d95fcd3.jpg

Modd_zps89c5dc59.jpg

Mode_zps1a4a6f87.jpg

IMGP8418_zps5cc0f39a.jpg

Modf_zpsb7196ff6.jpg

Legs need re-posing for flying models, ofc (next mini, probably) and the highlights need tidying up a little, but overall I'm quite liking the effect.

• 1 month later...

Ok, small amount of progress. Feet repositioned:

IMGP8719_zpsd53ddaa1.jpg

Eye lenses back to red and some light weathering:

IMGP8751_zps89b8cc36.jpg

IMGP8752_zpsf8586b76.jpg

IMGP8749_zpsf4dfb1dc.jpg

Next is tidying up the existing highlights, adding some wear, then try and bring out the extreme highlights...

• Like 1

I really liked the blue lenses actually - nice contrast with the markings. But then the red lenses contrast with the engine/plasma glows so I reckon it works either way.

Where's the cool jetpack from?

Will

Thanks Will. The minis are from Forge Worlds 'so expensive it makes me cry' range... <_<

Non standard weapons- these guys are wearing 'Mk IV Maximus' suits, the latest type at the start of the Heresy, with some reinforced panels. Struck me they must be survivors or veterans, so they'd be packing something other than regular issue kit. If I can get a finish I like on them I'll add a few more. Resin's a doddle to work, so custom poses rather than the usual knees bent, shooting from the hip look Games Workshop favours ought to be doable?