Hmmmm.... :hmmm: I'm putting these wee guys away for a while. I can't quite seem to finish them and I've seriously over egged some of the effects I was trying to create. They're just not fun any more- it's always a bad sign when painting seems more like a chore than one of life's greatest pleasures :fraidnot:! Besides, I've got a few other minor projects on the go which are fun and interesting to be getting on with. I'll give it a couple of months, then maybe dig them out again.

Some things that haven't helped, in no particular order.

Some of my metallics and fave paints have gone off. No drama, I quite like choosing and buying replacements, but it's quite irritating all the same. Worth noting that they were all GW products. Considering they charge more than any other manufacturer for considerably smaller amounts of paint, it's annoying to see them spoil quicker than their competitors. I've still got some perfectly serviceable original GW branded paint from the mid eighties- sold as Coat d'Arms these days, if anyone's interested, hugely recommended- but the modern stuff, some of it only a few months old, is turning to congealed gunk right before my eyes. Might be the formulation, might be the pots, but I think Coat d' and Vallejo will be providing their replacements, regardless.

Citadel (again! :doh:) have changed the formula of their washes. Probably not that much of an issue with some practice, but my painting time is limited and I'm really not that inclined to experiment when I now have three generations of the stuff to keep chopping and changing through. Different drying times, different resilience to clean up (even with alcohol) shades that don't match the originals I thought I was replacing? Irksome, for an old giffer getting kind of set in his ways! :D

I'm very heavy handed with weathering powders. It's only a lack of experience, I know, so I might not be doomed to make the same mistakes forever, but still, when you want a light dusting across a models boots and suit vents, but end up with a decent representation of inch thick mud? :blush:

Oh yeah, and my eyesight is chronic! Old age sucks!

Mod1_zps359f6cc9.jpg

Mod3_zps9d229712.jpg

Mod2_zps76d7fb67.jpg

Mod5_zps0bd67a8c.jpg

Mod6_zps78c3be09.jpg

The blue one I promised Will months ago:

Mod8_zps4359b176.jpg

Mod9_zps03d80e39.jpg

And the WG colours- tan wash over sand (how that equates to 'bleached bone' is beyond me...)

Mod7_zpsbd9d0ce4.jpg

Comments and advice welcome, guys. Like I said, I might dig them out again when I've had a wee break. I'll add script to the plates/scrolls, possibly try to represent rubber and/or stainless steel on the arm hoses, but beyond that I'm at a loss.