1/72 Lightning T.Mk.4 Sword

great job - what did you use for the 2 Antenna behind the cockpit? What colour you painting them? My originals lost against the carpet monster!

Tim,

I drilled a couple of small holes first and used some 5amp fuse wire for the two antennae, you can then straighten them up with some gentle pressure and make sure that they are the same length. From what I can find they appear to be a pale colour (probably left unpainted) which seems to have been common with aircraft of this era. I am going to go with a sandy/yellow colour as I think Humbrol radome tan will be a bit too pale. HTH

• Like 1

Not going to finish this in time for Christmas. I hope to grab some time between Christmas and New Year, only the canopy to add now and a covering of satin varnish, providing that the Vallejo varnish can be thinned OK after thickening in the bottle.

All that remains is to wish all fellow Britmodellers a Very Merry Christmas and I hope that 'Owd Nitty Whiskers' brings you lots of goodies. Back with you soon.

• Like 3

Just added the last two undercarriage doors to this so from a parts point of view it is now complete. It just needs a once over to check for any further touch ups and a final coat. I'll get some better photos for the gallery before weekend but this will probably be the last update for this one.

CIMG2994_zpsd3c52a99.jpg

CIMG2993_zps9fc224e2.jpg

Thanks to everyone for all the support during this build.

• Like 10

looking great - another Sword put to the Sword! :viking:

Another member has joined the elite ranks of Sword Lightning builders. It looks great John.

Nice build, nice finish, well done.

Another well finished Sword Tbird, I am quite envious.

Duncan B

Thanks for your comments guys. It is high praise indeed especially when compared to the other outstanding builds that have been completed so far.

Looking very nice, good finish :thumbsup:

I've got all four Sword Lightnings in the stash and after following all of the Sword builds in this GB, I am slightly scared of them!

Top Job on what looks like a 'modelers' kit. I may stick to the Airfix kits I've stashed for the time being!

:goodjob:

Rob.

• Like 1

I've got all four Sword Lightnings in the stash and after following all of the Sword builds in this GB, I am slightly scared of them!

Rob,

Thanks for your comments. I wouldn't be too anxious about the Sword kits, just have a go and enjoy building them. As you have seen some of us have had trouble with them but they are not impossible to build, even PC with all of the turmoil that he went through during his build has produced a good result in the end. You just need to be aware that this kit is not going to fall together and there may be some accuracy issues to deal with (if that sort of thing bothers you) but I am sure that you will have picked enough up to help you through.

Putting one of these together will only enhance your modelling skills - that's if your nerves can stand it. :frantic:

• Like 1