1/96 Vickers Viscount Duo Frog & Glencoe

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys apologies for the delay sadly there has been major industrial strife where I work and as a Union rep I've been very busy lately. This project has been put on the back burner somewhat.

I'm heading to Telford with my officer commanding (i.e. missus) on Saturday had a brilliant trip on a BA Embraer 190 into LCY from Dub yesterday now there's another plane on my to do list :wow:

When I return to Dub next week work will be resumed and pics uploaded showing how far I've got to date

All help advice and hijacks!!! only joking Nige B (love your pics that's an interesting project) would be very welcome as always

Say hello if you see us at Telford

Eamonn

The flight deck of EI-AOH still survives. In the 1970s, it was part of a small museum display in what was then the "New" terminal. Us plane spotters used to allowed access to the cockpit - provided we didn't break anything.

I presume that this flight deck is in storage somewhere now.

Hi Eric I do remember the old museum in what was then the new terminal amazingly according to Wrecks & Relics24 it has indeed survived but may be awkward to view. I firmly believe it should be with the rest of the stuff I worked on in Castlemoate house either with the legend Airman Michael Whelan in Baldonnel or NMI Collins Barracks even if it doesn't fit in with the soldiers and Chiefs exhibition a place could and should be found for it.

• 1 year later...

HI All

Time for an update Apologies for the delay in restarting as those of you who know me I've been undergoing chemo lately thankfully all good at last so I've decided to continue with this WIP. If you will indulge me with a addition I picked up from Nick Webb (Classic-airlines ) fame @ LGW 2016 pics to follow I will be using Nicks conversion for the Glencoe kit to a 800 so this double will become a triple build in the coming weeks

Any help advice tips gladly received & hijacks too !!! :winkgrin:

regards

Eamonn