Space 1999 hawk MK 9

Glad you did it in the white finish, As the orange accents on the alternate version are too common.

Be warned if you're thinking about getting the WARP Eagle of any sort: NOT as straightforward to build as this one.....

The framework is a flash nightmare, & its a (well detailed) dog to build!

Where did you get the landing gear from?

• Like 1

Thanks guys I apprecite that :)

Glad you did it in the white finish, As the orange accents on the alternate version are too common.

Be warned if you're thinking about getting the WARP Eagle of any sort: NOT as straightforward to build as this one.....

The framework is a flash nightmare, & its a (well detailed) dog to build!

Where did you get the landing gear from?

The landing gear is left over spares from a Ju 88 and a Do 17 I just can't remember which is which

Thanks for the info on the Eagle :)

How was the build of the Hawk? I had a WARP Eagle once and decided to part from it - it was lousy. But I have to say it was a very old version and WARP did retool it at one point. My version was a copy of the Airfix kit with WM framework - but as prowler says: A flash nightmare. Further more the resin was brittle and tough to sand IIRC.

The all white scheme is much nicer IMHO. I always think the orange makes the Hawk a bit toy like.

Rene

• Like 1

How was The build of the Hawk? I had a WARP Eagle once and decided to part from it - it was lousy. But I have to say it was a very old version and WARP did retool it at one point. My version was a copy of the Airfix kit with WM framework - but as prowler says: A flash nightmare. Further more the resin was brittle and tough to sand IIRC.

The all white scheme is much nicer IMHO. I always think the orange makes the Hawk a bit toy like.

Rene

thanks rene

The kit wasn't that bad , a bit of a nightmare with flash on the WM parts but not as bad as some I read about , resin was a bit fragile and some places did have bubbles but thankfully in hidden places,

The warp Eagle I've heard is a bit of a nightmare and it depends if you get a good kit of it and if you do get a good one it is very good.

I went for the White version because that's how it was going to be in the show but they thought it looked to close to eagle so they changed it , the did three paint liveries , the White , the Orange and a yellow one

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

oh yes, this is a goodie from the oldie days of the 70's - very nice all round there. The ship and base are superb. I see a box in the background with "the Who" written on it.

Was the build "A quick one while shes' away" !!!

Wow this really does bring back memories for me too - instantly recognisable. Almost makes me want to go searching to see if anyone has built anything from Buck Rogers too :analintruder: